Global Security Operations Manager
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Senior Manager that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
The role of the global security operations (GSOC) manager is to oversee the cyber monitoring and incident detection function for Liberty Global & Virgin Media and includes supervising people, technology and processes. The role is based in the UK and has a global remit including dealing with numerous stakeholders and retained organisations covering multiple geographies.
This will be achieved by;
- Managing and developing the cyber monitoring and detection function within Liberty Global
- Inspiring, leading and managing the cyber security analysts, encouraging their development and acting as an escalation point
- Contributing to and implementing a cyber-security monitoring strategy based on multiple technologies within the business.
- Managing and developing the GSOC process and procedures
- Creation of reporting and metrics for cyber security monitoring and events
- Maintaining the compliance to ISO and SOX standards
- Working closely with the Incident Response and threat teams
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience in management of security operations
- Experience in people management
- Worked within a SOC or relative function for at least two years
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in security incident response including assessment of security events, providing technical guidance
- Worked with the Mitre attack frame work and knowledge of NIST CSF
- Good knowledge of security tools such as, Firewalls/ IPS/ IDS/ Wireshark and other tool sets
- Understanding of commonly used operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- Strong understanding of Splunk core and Splunk ES
- The Ability to assess a cyber-security incidents and how this will impact an organisation
- Must have or be able to attain and maintain NPPV SC Clearance.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security such as AWS, Azure and Google
- Utilising threat intelligence sources to direct targeted threat hunting
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Worked within a telecommunications environment
- Worked with YARA, Elastic Search, REMUX, Zeek(bro), Hive RT IR
- Forensics background
- Database security including the Imperva Secure Sphere product
- Implementation of security systems such a Hive, RT IR
- Worked within a DevSecOps environment
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell
- Familiarity with security operations activities to support PCI DSS and internal and external audits against ISO 27001/27002 relating to security operations
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GNFA, GREM (or related knowledge/experience)
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!