Senior Legal Counsel - Real Estate (12 Month FTC)
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Job: Senior Legal Counsel – Real Estate (12 Month FTC)
Location: Hammersmith, London
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of Senior Legal Counsel – Real Estate. This role is part of our Legal team based from our office in Hammersmith, London.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 25% Annual Bonus
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
What’s the purpose of this role?Along with one other lawyer, this role is responsible for driving legal real estate and facilities matters. This individual takes personal ownership for pro-active business partnering in the provision of legal advice within Virgin Media. This role provides commercially focused, accurate, effective and timely legal advice, analysis and support to the business on a broad range of real estate matters, including legal advisory support to the Real Estate team in managing the Company’s significant property portfolio including corporate sites, technical estate and retail stores and to the Wayleave Team on wayleaves and real estate telecoms matter
What does the job entail?
As a Senior Legal Counsel - Real Estate, you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Legal matters in the real estate and facilities area – supporting the management of corporate, technical and retail sites, in addition to telecoms and network issues (e.g. telecoms code, wayleaves and trespass).
- Partners with the business to take ownership for a broad range of complex matters of significant strategic and/or financial value, driving projects to execution – identifying risk and escalating where appropriate (recommending mitigation strategies and implementing solutions), with a requirement for no or minimal supervision.
- Manages upwards, keeping the General Counsel and Legal Director informed about important issues, able to present clearly and precisely to senior stakeholders, enabling others to understand the key facts and issues.
- Leads by example: manages allocation of resource and effective workflow, actively working alongside team members to ensure that matters are concluded in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implementing and improving processes and developing standards for the business functional area.
- Contributes to the setting of policy and strategy in the Finance and Property & Facilities Team. Recognised as a trusted member of the Property & Facilities Team, whilst maintaining the necessary independence and integrity of a legal advisor to Virgin Media.
- Manages and liaises with external legal resources to achieve relevant goals within budget.
- Seeks feedback from the business, external partners or clients to ensure quality of service and work output is maintained to the highest standards and that deliverables and expectations are exceeded.
- Stays up to date with legal developments and key business information, is aware of the marketplace and the company’s position within it, and shares knowledge within the function; recognises when changes require action and advising of relevant stakeholders. Develops expertise in areas of specialism.
- Shares knowledge with the legal department as a whole, taking an active role in departmental educational opportunities, periodic departmental meetings and other initiatives designed to promote departmental communication and cohesiveness.
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into a Legal Director and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across the business. We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of Senior Legal Counsel - Real Estate, you will have some of the following:
- Recognised expert in real estate law and property portfolio management and deep knowledge of subject area and excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- Diplomatic and highly articulate: analyses complex legal and commercial issues, develops strategies and communicates points constructively and succinctly. Proven discretion and ability to deal with sensitive issues and to influence at all levels.
- Self-sufficient and proactive in proposing commercial solutions to clients and colleagues; acts as business adviser. Analyses complex legal and commercial issues, develops strategies and argues points constructively and succinctly.
Strong commercial acumen, together with the ability and creditability to form effective ‘client’ relationships across all levels, including the highest levels of management. Extensive understanding of the industry and key issues facing our business.
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!