Senior Product Manager – Voice Transformation and Migration Projects
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Join our amazing product team, as a Senior Product Manager for Virgin Media Business.
This purpose of this role is to deliver the strategy for migrating VMB’s legacy on-net and off-net (WLR / Openreach) voice customer base to new services and platforms within the VMB Voice and Workspace portfolio, and to manage the execution of that strategy in the run up to the big PSTN switch off in 2025. As a part of that role, you will be responsible for retiring End of Life voice services and some connectivity services.
This is a broad role that requires a commercially and strategically astute senior manager with experience of managing senior stakeholders effectively, and running change / rationalisation programmes at an organisational level. You will act as the voice of the customer and will be the lead point of contact within VMB for its TDM to IP Migration and centrally run 21CV programme, removing roadblocks and ensuring that the delivery and project teams can progress unimpeded. The role acts as senior sponsor for their programmes to ensure that the Virgin Media Business agenda is delivered.
What we are looking for is someone that that can:
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy that compliments the Voice Transformation and Migration Projects portfolio and contributes to VMB revenue and operating cash flow budget and long range plan.
- Understands our customer’s needs, market trends, and technology opportunities and gather product requirements for product/portfolio and relevant adjacent markets.
- Enhance and lead in the development of new product capability for business.
- Identify and implement strategic partners to underpin, support or accelerate product growth plans for their portfolio.
- Engage closely with a variety of stakeholders from across the broader business to help determine the best technical implementation methods whilst driving speed to market.
- Work closely with channel marketing and sales teams to develop successful product proposition campaigns and channel/sales enablement to grow the product and portfolio of services.
- Act as evangelist for product and portfolio across the business and with customers and other key market stakeholders gaining buying-in and support for product strategy.
- Proven product management, product development, programme management or project management background.
- Experience of Voice technologies -(TDM, CENTREX, ISDN Q931/DASS, VoIP, WLR3, SIP, UC etc.
- Experience of Data technologies (Ethernet, IPVPN, QoS, xDSL, FTTx, cable modem).
- Experience of Applications & Services (Cloud, SaaS, data centre).
- Experience of Software technologies (Operating Systems, IP PBX versions etc).
Minimum 5 years Product Development / Product Management / Project Management or Programme Management experience.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!