MI & Reporting Specialist
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job: MI and Reporting Specialist (12 month contract)
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of MI & Reporting Specialist. This role is part of our Finance Services team based across Virgin Media.
Please note – This is a fixed-term contract for a period of 12 months.
What we can offer you;
- Circa £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday
- Optional SMART Working e.g. remote working/home working 1 day per week
What’s the purpose of this role?
- To deliver core reporting and drive continuous improvements in the MI & Reporting output produced by Finance Services
- To drive automation of all standard MI & Reporting where it is efficient to do so
- To respond to business needs for any MI & Reporting relating to Finance Services core activity; P2P, Payments, Contractors and Claims as required.
- To understand the subject matter of our MI to be able to analyse and comment on the information produced, providing useable information to the Finance Services Core teams and wider business stakeholders alike.
- To support the development our systems environment with a critical eye on team, supplier and customer needs
What does the job entail?
The duties of an MI & Reporting Specialist are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
- Responsible for producing consistently accurate and high quality MI, reporting and trend analysis
- Developing and producing a standard suite of MI and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Adapting MI according to customer needs
- Interrogation of data and understanding of business processes to be able to add valuable and useable commentary on the data analysed
- Ensure that deadlines are met and any issues are escalated appropriately, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- To proactively escalate idea’s for improvement
- To build strong relationships within the Finance Services Team and wider organisation to critically review all MI and reporting that you produce in order to continually develop it and keep it relevant
- To react positively and deliver on any requests from the SME’s for ad-hoc pieces of information or reporting, and to translate these into new requirements for regular reporting where required
- To drive efficiencies and excellent customer service by making recommendations for process improvements in the department through analysing trends and exceptions.
- Conducting root cause analysis where required, and supported by the SME’s or Systems Analysts
- To support the implementation of transformation projects at an operational level, and supporting UAT as required
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into Stewart Pope, MI & Reporting Manager and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of MI & Reporting Specialist you will have some of the following:
- Technical knowledge and experience of ERP systems as appropriate
- Experience of data and trend analysis and consolidating multiple sets of data to produce standard reporting
- Excel to an advanced level
- Knowledge of oracle financials, business objects or information management systems
- Previous experience in a large organisation, with high volume transactions
- Knowledge and good understanding of business process improvement methodologies
- Experience of delivering to performance driven targets within a complex environment.
- Previous experience of shared service centre operations desirable
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!