IT Data Platform Privacy Manager
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Architecture and Strategy
Function:Architecture and Strategy
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a IT Data Platform Privacy Manager that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
The IT Data Platform Privacy Manager will be accountable within IT data management for adherence to security policies, compliance with respect to data protection and other data handling standards. They will be responsible for data classification definitions processes and tools.
This will be achieved by:
- Identification, classification and remediation planning of any additional vulnerabilities and process improvements
- Maintaining a risk register, adding any new risks identified and defining mitigation plans for data privacy & security related risks
- Data Classification Process and audit of compliance
- Assessing and continuously improving the alignment of VM systems of record with respect to data classification
- Working with and driving forward the IT tools for classifying data
- Identifying and managing the appropriate and relevant stakeholders
- Coordinating investigations and responses to security and privacy incidents and ensuring timely and audience specific feedback/suggestions for resolution and mitigation
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service and communication skills, with an aptitude for dealing with customers and colleagues
- Experience of collaborating in virtual teams to analyse, assess and resolve complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Ideally a strong understanding of Virgin Media systems, products and services
- A solid grasp of Data platforms, processes and support models, ideally within Virgin Media
- Understanding of the benefits of data governance and the ability to demonstrate to technical and business audiences
- Ability to demonstrate a functional knowledge and understanding of Incident Management
- Experience of Data Integration development in a number of different scenarios and in a diverse technological estate
- Experience of working with data at a technical level
- Experience and knowledge of data privacy legislation and data compliance standards
- Experience of working with metadata tools , ideally Ab Initio metadata Hub
- Experience of date discovery or data classification tools, ideally Ab Initio Semantic discovery
- Proven history of confident, constructive feedback at all business levels
- ITIL Foundation certification or similar qualification
- Experience of leading teams to analyse, assess and resolve complex technology requirements, problems and issues
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!