Finance Manager - Group Accounting
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Finance Manager – Group Accounting
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of Finance Manager. This role is part of our Financial Accounts Group Accounting team based from Bradford.
What we can offer you;
- £38,000 to £45,000 per annum
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Finance Manager – Group Accounting will be responsible for Vendor Finance Accounting for both VM and LG, with opportunity to align processes. You will provide key reconciliation of Accounts Payable to General Ledger, and will work alongside the business to clear reconciling items. You’ll also have the responsibility of pulling together the quarterly additional reporting pack for the group and presenting to the VP Accounting Operations and VP Central Finance Accounting & Reporting.
What does the job entail?
The duties of a Finance Manager are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
- Accounting and reporting of Vendor Finance (LG and VM) and Accounts Payable transactions and balances;
- Cross departmental communication to ensure accurate GL transactions in your account codes
- Monthly analysis of General Ledger accounts and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Perform monthly Coupa reconciliation and work alongside P2P to ensure accurate reporting;
- Responsible for SOX documentation on a monthly basis;
- Introduce and maintain checklists for all activities and General Ledger journals;
- Participate in Month End Reporting and Quarterly Additional Information Packs reporting;
- Engage in automation/simplification measures to improve BAU
- Ad-hoc projects and reporting.
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into Adil Shah, Senior Finance Manager – Group Accounting and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of Finance Manager, you will have some of the following:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ideally 3 to 5 years’ post-qualified experience within Financial Accounting and/or Audit – ideally in a large complex organisation
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong excel and financial systems skills (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to coach and develop others
- Experience of working in a complex environment, delivering to deadlines
- Researches into emerging / complex accounting or reporting issues
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile. If you’d prefer to have a chat before applying, reach out to Stacey Ramm or Adil Shah on LinkedIn – we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!