Customer Service Representative
Sheffield -Chippingham Street -C1640
Salary: £21,000 plus amazing benefits
- Permanent contract on full-time (37.5hrs) or part time (min. 20hrs)
- Fixed term contract (3 or 6 months), full-time hours only
Shifts: Your hours will be scheduled a rotational shift pattern within our working hours (8am-9.15pm Monday-Sunday). Part-time shifts can be discussed as part of our recruitment process.
We’re working day and night to keep the country connected whilst adhering to the government guidelines.
Our services are more vital than ever before and as a result, our frontline agents have been classed as key workers and our centres remain open. However, our ambition is to provide the ability for as many employees as possible to work from home in order to create flexibility to react to the changing situation.
We want you join us as soon as possible and help us keep our customers and the country connected.
As a customer Service advisor at our lively Sheffield contact centre, you’re the expert on the other end of the line. You’ll help our home and small business customers with their TV, broadband, home phone or mobile phone services, handling a range of queries from our customers, including technical and fault reports, to bill payments and credit issues - aiming for smiles all round.
You’ll spot opportunities to promote amazing products and services that customers aren’t taking advantage of - and explain exactly what there is to love.
Being part of a team that strives in resolving our customers queries first time. You have the freedom to be creative and think out of the box to get a resolution for any and all complex customer queries.
Whatever the issue, you’ll be the friendly voice on the phone helping to sort it out for our customers.
This role is varied and rewarding but definitely no walk in the park. Therefore, if you like a challenge that makes you think, then this is the role for you.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who’ll provide the legendary service our customers expect and deserve.
To be a success in this role, you’ll have…
- A knack for forging strong relationships. You’ll love meeting and speaking to all sorts of new people
- An unflinching tenacity. However, your day’s going, you’ll stay positive and always want more
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the customer always comes first, and with targets to achieve
- Be able to follow system instructions, to help guide you to the technical solution for the customer.
- Know a bit about our products already - and about what our competitors offer too
You don’t have to be too technical already, as we will provide you with full training to help you succeed in this role. Experience working with customers over the phone would be an advantage.
What’s in it for me?
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too.
See our careers site for a full list of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday, plus three extra days when you’ve been here five years
- Your birthday off, every year!
- A generous contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Discounts on our broadband, mobile, voice and media services, and money off other Virgin Group products, services and experiences
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!