Quality and control analyst
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Service and Support
Function:Service and Support
Role: Quality & Control Analyst
Reporting into: Quality & Control Senior Manager
Role closes: May 13th 2020
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for Quality & Control Analyst that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
What will you be doing?
You will be a key supporting member of the Quality & Governance team within the Data Centre Technology space; responsible for reviewing data in Jira project tool, Capacity tools and analysis on cloud usage.
You will help support in the delivery of, via reporting and analysis, the long term vision and strategy for the department. Working cohesively across Subject Experts in the team and to standards of high performance.
This will be achieved by,
- Establishing and reporting on trend analysis and scenarios across multiple analytic platforms
- Engaging across multiple functions, both business and technical to ensure services constantly match needs and expectations
- Ensuring accurate reporting is completed and communicated to relevant stakeholders and coordination of reporting to the stakeholders
- Working with and controlling concepts of improvement as identified by the wider internal DCT audience
- Supporting the running workshops with and training for end user community
- Helping to test new functions for Jira platform
- Working in other reporting dynamics to become core reporting function for DCT
- Supporting production of capacity reporting based on infrastructure and cloud technologies outlines for Demand and Capacity management including private and public cloud account and financial tracking and BI analytics
- Supporting the Quality and Control Manager to meet DCT spend profile aligned to DCT strategy via tracking and assistance of managing PO escalations
- Assisting with conduct of reviews of library content
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Previous technical experience gained within a large service operational environment
- Previous customer facing role in a demanding operational environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations
- Strong record of stakeholder management in a technical environment, including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided
- Experience of analysing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Demonstrate strong influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Data analytics qualification
- Basic financial principles
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!