Data Decision Implementation Manager
LG UK Reading - Green Park Brook Drive
Data Decision Implementation Manager
Green Park, Reading, Berkshire
Insight Hub is a new organisation recently formed through the merging of a number of data-led teams. The core purpose of the function is to transform current capabilities to drive competitive advantage through performing deep analytics in order to provide actionable insight.
As part of this group, the Data Insight Solutions (DIS) team has the remit to drive the data intelligence agenda for the wider group to ensure maximum value is gained from its data assets in the business and this knowledge is then consolidated and disseminated.
- Line manager for at least 2 FTEs whose roles are responsible for Data Research, Data Exploitation and Data Enrichment for the DIS team
- Ownership of the roadmap for the data research strategy whilst ensuring the appropriate skills and technologies are utilised
- Developing opportunities to drive value from new datasets or commercialising data into a standalone revenue stream
- Progress ‘One View’ the leading customer centric database providing a single customer view of the multiple touchpoints across all business areas. Specifically this role will be responsible for ensuring all supporting documentation is fit for purpose and datasets have thorough analysis for capability, value and opportunity
- Identify relevant technology and tool trends to ensure best in class capabilities and techniques are made available to drive competitive advantage
- Collaborate with the technology division and partnerships with third parties to ensure world class deliveries and portals are available to business users
- Identify and deliver new opportunities which are used in trigger based marketing campaigns
- Help transform the data intelligence environment for Virgin Media Consumer Division through development of the One View analytical product
- Help develop and implement value enhancing business outputs to drive a stepwise change in Net Adds and revenue growth
- Responsible for development of new datasets and reviewing new tools for inclusion in the One view environment
- Implement a data science mindset where the data importance or value is not constrained by end requirements
- Collaborate across the business to develop relationships with data partners to develop a holistic customer view
- Collaborate with the information commissioners across VM and LG to ensure all data policies meet with key data protection regulations
- Manage a diverse workload across the research portfolio
Knowledge, experience and skills
- 5+ years providing analytical insights in a large organisation
- 5+ years of delivering and designing datawarehouses
- Expert in SQL with various examples of delivering major pieces of time bound analysis
- Excellent stakeholder management and consultative skills. Proven experience of delivering to senior audiences but equally able to adapt style when required
- Expert understanding of big data and business intelligence best practice, tools, and understanding of latest industry techniques
- Degree level or equivalent, with a preference to post graduate qualifications, within numerical subjects.
- Experience in telecoms or equivalent industry
- Experience in Netezza and Hadoop environments
- Knowledge of Qlik products and OBIEE
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!