Business Development Manager
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Closing Date:28/02/2020Business Development Manager
Reading or Hammersmith base locations preferred but flexible for other South of England locations.Virgin Media is currently searching for a Business Development Manager which is part of the 3rd Party Sales Teamn.
What’s the purpose of this role?The purpose of this role is to manage the prospecting strategy and execution within the sales & lettings/home move partners channel, managing commercial agreements and performance with partners, project management, system development, proposition management and account relationships with partner and internal stakeholders, for a portfolio of cable and contract mobile products. Primarily a field based role, involving regular and extensive travel across the UK and Virgin Media offices.What does the job entail?In the role of Business Development Manager you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Hunt and on-board targeted new 3rd party national accounts in the home movers market, manage external management contacts and relationships
- Achieving/exceed sales targets for all products in assigned prospect accounts
- Attend industry events and shows
- Support and manage the regional business development managers
- Identify & deploy business development opportunities including staff training, promotions and meeting attendance with channel partners alongside the engagement manager
- Set up and manage regular business review sessions with partners to ensure we are on plan to deliver required growth
- Manage commercials and spend of commissions and marketing in line with team plans
- Manage the day to day prospecting team and other responsibilities as set by Senior Business Development Manager
- Liaise with the Senior Business Development Manager to ensure prospects are achieving targets and delivering in line with a defined strategic direction
- Manage the regional business development managers including bi-weekly 121’s, career development plans & performance reviews
- Maintain and manage account(s) within the assigned opex budgets
- Attend channel planning meetings and ensure forecasting accuracy to agreed tolerance.
- Completion and reporting of weekly trading summaries and additional reporting as required
- Contribute to support regional level field contact strategy with Field Sales Manager(s)
- Sales management experience (5 yrs), preferably within the home move market
- Confident, professional and presentable manner
- Self-starting hunter style approach
- Networking and relationship building
- Creative thinking
- Commercial awareness and PC skills to match
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of negotiation process
- Impactful presenting
- Planning, organization and project management skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders and their expectations
- A team ethic, supporting colleagues when required
- A focus on delivering both team and individual results
- Meeting internal and external customer expectations
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Comfortable working in an autonomous and field based role
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!