Investment Company Finance Manager
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Investment Company Finance Manager
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of Investment Company Finance Manager. This role is part of our Financial Accounts team based from Bradford.
What we can offer you;
- £38,000 to £45,000 per annum
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
What’s the purpose of this role?
Working in a constant changing, dynamic, fast paced and diverse environment, this role combines variety of responsibilities that relates to LG’s investment portfolio, including Liberty Global Ventures, Content Partners and Formula E. Reporting to the Investment Company Senior Finance Manager, this role will be responsible end to end accounting relates to the investment portfolio, and preparation of cyclical financial reporting statements for various stakeholders, including external audit, group external reporting and group tax. Attention to details and legal entity account preparation experience is key, and an ability to produce high quality deliverable in timely manner is also a prerequisite.
What does the job entail?
The duties of an Investment Company Finance Manager are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
- Responsible for end to end process of accounting for the investment portfolio, including accounting for movements in investments, raising and processing invoices, preparing balance sheet reconciliations and provide deliverables related to the investment portfolio.
- Work closely with accounting and reporting team to ensure accounting treatment of investments are aligned to the relevant accounting standards under US GAAP, IFRS and FRS101, and in-line with group policy. Where local GAAP or standalone entity adjustments are identified, adjustments to be record for local GAAP trial balance and to communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Monthly review on holding entities of the investment portfolio, thorough understanding the P&L, Balance Sheets and cash flow movement on each of them.
- Support the external audit of UK statutory accounts under FRS101, including liaising with various stakeholders to understand the transactions and provide supporting documents to KPMG.
- Requirement to support on preparation of annual statutory accounts for Dutch B.V.s
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into Doris Lo, Senior Finance Manager and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of Investment Company Finance Manager, you will have some of the following:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ideally 3 to 5 years’ post-qualified experience within Financial Accounting and/or Audit – ideally in a large complex organisation
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong excel and financial systems skills (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to coach and develop others
- Experience of working in a complex environment, delivering to deadlines
- Researches into emerging / complex accounting or reporting issues
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile. If you’d prefer to have a chat before applying, reach out to Stacey Ramm or Doris Lo on LinkedIn – we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!