Commercial Managers – Acquisition and Mobile Trading
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Commercial Managers – Acquisition and Mobile Trading
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and up to 15% annual bonus
Our commercial function acts as the architect of our revenue growth in the consumer division through customer value propositioning, proposition development and design, base management, pricing, go-to-market activity and forecasting. The team works cross-functionally to lead process design which creates our portfolio of profit-maximising products and packages, leading to growth in operating cash flow increases our NPS and optimises ROI.
We have four opportunities for talented commercial management professionals to join our acquisition and mobile trading teams. The core competencies we are looking for complement each other across the vacancies, but we will discuss the details of each with you throughout the interview process.
Responsible for recommendation and implementation of Virgin Media’s acquisition trading, mobile and go-to-market strategy. Working across the business to develop plans to grow both volume and revenue, identify risks/opportunities and implementing propositions to respond to the changing market
- Assess the commercial and financial viability of new proposition proposals by owning the full business casing of them to assess their impact on sales, product mix and a range of financial metrics
- Provide recommendations based on the business case and a wider commercial impact assessment and present confidently to the Finance team
- Work closely with Competitor Intelligence team to assess competitive landscape and anticipate risks and opportunities to Virgin Media and design appropriate propositions to respond
- Work closely with the Customer Analytics team to understand the demographic segmentation, current product set and needs of Virgin Media’s prospect base
- Work closely with the Base Management team to analyse in-life performance of new customers after joining and the impact at end of offer to inform acquisition strategy
- Tracking the Online trading performance across a range of different metrics (sales, product holding, revenue, average Arpu, premium attach etc.) to share with the channels and with the wider Commercial team identifying trends and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the Online Sales and Affiliate Marketing teams to understand what the current and upcoming Online opportunities and threats are and design commercial propositions to maximise / minimise these
- Assess the commercial and financial viability of these new proposition proposals by owning the full business casing of them to assess their impact on sales, product mix and a range of financial metrics
- Provide recommendations based on the business case and a wider commercial impact assessment and present confidently to the Finance team the business case and recommendations
Behaviours we look for
- Demonstrable leadership qualities that reflect Virgin Media’s culture and promotes bravery, simplified solutions, optimism, zest, risk taking and connection across team, department and business
- Empathetic, approachable, and fair in dealings with colleagues at all levels – demonstrates a strong team mentality and able to build and maintain open and honest communication at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business
- Ability to think on your feet and be ready to react to day to day trading pressures
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills confidently challenging and influencing opinions
- Comfortable operating numerical data sets as part of business casing
- Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo with bold and original ideas that create growth
- Ability to see beyond the task to the overall purpose and engage people around a strategy, creating an energising and rewarding environment to work in
- Ability to exercise judgement to make timely and sound decisions regarding highly complex and broad scope issues as they relate to both people and the business
- Ability to lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters: delegating, constructively managing conflicting priorities under pressure, and maintaining a professional and positive manner to enable teams to deliver results
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!