Commercial Executive - Proactive Trading (fixed-term/secondment opportunity)
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Commercial Executive – Proactive Trading (fixed-term/secondment opportunity)
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Please note that this is a fixed-term opportunity to run for c. 6 months.
Our commercial function acts as the architect of our revenue growth in the consumer division through customer value propositioning, proposition development and design, base management, pricing, go-to-market activity and forecasting. The team works cross-functionally to lead process design which creates our portfolio of profit-maximising products and packages, leading to growth in operating cash flow increases our NPS and optimises ROI.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in all necessary activities regarding proactive base trading.
- Execute plans for XSUS commercial performance, including stakeholder coordination, briefing to delivery teams and working alongside Marketing and Sales to ensure seamless execution
- Support the creation of Virgin Media’s Loyalty program, collating data on customer groups and delivery of appropriate offers and freebies based on their profiles
- Continual monitoring of performance across all proactive channels, working with the channel leads to understand trends, changes and needs to improve performance across the business
- Work closely with Competitor Intelligence team to monitor competitive landscape and anticipate risks and opportunities to Virgin Media, design appropriate propositions to respond
- Monitoring of product P&Ls to spot changes in trends and action plans to respond appropriately
- Liaise with the Delivery team to ensure quality implementation of identified offers & propositions
- Maintain a roadmap of proactive base management activity, including ‘test & learn’ plan
- Planning time frame for the team is generally 3 to 9 months (i.e 2-3 quarters from today)
- Demonstrable qualities that reflect Virgin Media’s culture and promotes bravery, simplified solutions, optimism, zest, risk taking and connection across team, department and business
- Empathetic, approachable, and fair in dealings with colleagues at all levels – demonstrates a strong team mentality and able to build and maintain open and honest communication at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business
- Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo with bold and original ideas that create growth
- Ability to see beyond the task to the overall purpose and engage people around a strategy, creating an energising and rewarding environment to work in
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion
- Commitment to self development
- Ability to create reports and analyse data to help future optimisation
- Results orientated
- Strong time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and multitask
Behaviours we look for
- Proactive can-do attitude with a collaborative hands-on approach
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of continuous change
- Excellent numeracy, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, able to understand and simplify complex information (both technical and numerical / commercial)
- Experience of building change requests / technical requirements documents
- Demonstrable experience of strong stakeholder / influencing skills, across multiple business areas, and at different levels of seniority
- Ability to see beyond the task at hand, and identify opportunities to ‘change the game’
- Desire to be involved in other team ad-hoc activities
- An attitude that reflects Virgin Media’s culture, brand, and values
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills
In addition the following would be advantageous
- Knowledge of our billing systems, trading platforms, and growth delivery processes
- Experience of managing and/or conducting end-user testing
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!