Business Sales Specialist- Infrastructure, Data Centre and Security
Birmingham -Eagle Court Coventry Road -C1700
An exciting opportunity to join one of our dynamic Specialist Sales Teams here in Virgin Media Business (VMB). You’ll be responsible for providing sales expertise to new customers in a proactive manner early in the customer journey to maximise their digital potential and support the Virgin Media Business Growth Plan.
Responsible for establishing working practices for virtual team engagement, especially with the Join team of Solutions Architects to develop solutions which underpin our customer’s objectives and the strategy. Engaging key stakeholders within Sales to identify and maximise opportunities in target accounts with a specific focus on Public Sector. Whilst establishing strong working relationships with VMB partners to ensure that joined up sales engagements are happening to drive pipeline and sales growth.
- To win significant opportunities and deliver associated revenue streams into VMB for the appropriate Sales sector to which they are aligned including the acquisition of New Logo business.
- Responsible for assisting in the qualification of opportunities, providing Specialist Sales expertise to develop winning customer sales strategies.
- Engage with senior commercial, technical, and business influencers and decision makers in the most valuable prospects, completed in line with plans and contact strategies across Large Enterprise Sectors.
- Champion the customer needs (act as the voice of the customer) and provide thought leadership in the development of our product portfolio, and also on what is needed to achieve confidence in our product portfolio to underpin our acceleration.
- Be recognised as an authority on VMB Valued Added Services solutions and establish strong working relationships with peers in key partners such.
- Lead in account planning, bid reviews, commercial qualification and deal clinics, getting involved personally for key strategic customers alongside the VMB leadership team when required for qualified opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring that the Sales teams are guided effectively on the most profitable approaches to building solutions, so that the Commercial, Sales and Finance teams have a full understanding of what is required and the appropriate models to support them.
- Work with Account Teams to provide effective coaching, development and support to ensure that they are able to identify opportunities early for Value Added Services
- Responsible for ensuring that there is an effective interlock with the Commercial Marketing team to ensure that any new product development.
- Responsible for ensuring that all processes are adhered to, encouraging a culture of continual improvement to ensure working practices evolve and develop.
But what are we looking for:
- Strong leadership skills to build and maintain relationships with Account Teams and Customers.
- Communication skills: first class ability to understand and present complex technical solutions, in industry standard formats and to technical and non-technical audiences, drawing out commercial benefits and matching solutions to customer requirements.
- A strong track record in selling into key verticals is preferred – e.g. public sector Enterprise with strong knowledge of Cisco and working with Cisco Hi-Touch.
- Flexibility to handle extensive UK travel and overnight stays.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!