Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: VAT Manager
Salary: Competitive plus 15% bonus
Location: Bradford, UK
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of a VAT Manager. This is an exciting in-house advisory role reporting into the Head of UK Indirect Tax.
There may be some travel required within the role – occasionally you may need to visit our other sites for meetings and workshops.
What we can offer you;
- A competitive salary
- 15% Bonus
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
Plus, some other typical benefits you might have seen elsewhere:
- Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
- Holiday: 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
- Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental and the ability to buy/sell holiday, opt in to our Share Save and many more salary sacrifice schemes
On top of this, our employees are part of Virgin Tribe where they can access a wide range of great deals within the Virgin Group and our partners. Last, but by no means least, we give our employees access to My Rates and Mates Rates – meaning that you, your friends and your family can get some Oomph in your life through our great deals on Virgin Media products and services!
What’s the purpose of this role?
Working within our UK Tax Team, you'll be working as part of our exciting, dynamic VAT team where tax is placed high up on the business’s agenda. You'll be responsible for undertaking and managing tasks across all aspects of Virgin Media’s VAT affairs working alongside the wider tax and finance teams.
- Stakeholder Virgin Media UK and Liberty Global Tax teams and key influencers
What does the job entail?
In the role of a VAT Manager you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Advise on the VAT position in respect of new products/promotions and business activities and drive VAT efficient decision making
- Assist with VAT errors being identified & rectified and draft the associated error correction notifications
- Manage the day to day ad hoc queries from the Virgin Media business and assist with ad hoc queries from the Liberty Global business
- Work collaboratively with the Head of UK Indirect Tax and wider VM VAT team (located across the UK and Netherlands)
- Build a network across Tax, Finance, Legal and other key teams within the business to help ensure VAT is fully integrated and considered for key business projects
- Progress and lead VAT projects (for example, new propositions to market, key business projects) working with the business to ensure VAT is appropriately considered
- Work collaboratively with the VAT compliance team to critically access and further hone processes and help the VAT Compliance team to deliver complete and accurate returns
- Act as a sounding board to assist the VAT compliance team and be prepared to challenge, and be challenged, on tax technical decisions and advice prepared by other team members
- Maintain and continue to foster a collaborative relationship with the VAT team at HMRC. Provide support in relation to the overall relationship with HMRC
- Assist, manage and lead on HMRC enquiries/audits in an effective and timely manner
- Work alongside VAT Compliance and Process Improvement teams to deliver key documents regarding Virgin Media and Liberty Global Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) and Criminal Corporate Offence (CCO) requirements in relation to VAT – drafting and updating documents as part of the SAO’s annual certification as well as identifying and fulfilling the CCO requirements as it relates to VAT
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into the Head of UK Indirect Tax and receive structured development.
As the right candidate for the role of a VAT Manager you have some of the following:
- Ability to lead and manage projects, deliver results and meet deadlines
- Ability to recognise VAT complex issues and distil them into implications and messages to the business
- CIOT or accounting qualifications (e.g. ACA) and up to date technical knowledge
What to do now?
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!