Oxford -Shelley Close -T2770
Salary: £21,000 + Discretionary Bonus + company vehicle
Hours: 37.5 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern:
- Week 1 - 11am to 7pm Tue-Fri. 8am to 4pm Saturday
- Week 2 – 11am to 7pm Mon-Thur. 8am to 4pm Friday
Start Date: March 2020
Please note it is essential to have a manual driving license for this role
We are creating a brand-new team of Collections Agents to join us in 2020 as part of our new collections’ strategy. You could be a part of this exciting change. If you love working outside, speaking to customers and are up for an exciting challenge then please read on!
So, what is a Collections Agent? They’re the people who collect our equipment from active or disconnected customer premises. You’ll visit around 50 houses per day, mostly cold calling, and leaving cards as you go for those who are not in. You’ll run the same route 2 to 3 times per day to maximise success. As part of this role you will:
- Visit customers who have had challenges with payments, so resilience and the ability to bounce back quickly after a tough conversation is essential
- Collect equipment from homes where the original customer has moved, and a new tenant now lives there.
- Physically disconnect equipment on customer premises
- Identify opportunities to refer new customers to Virgin Media when visiting properties where the original customer has moved on. You’ll bag a referral bonus for every new customer that joins our network!
- You’ll be proactive and full of motivation to hit your team targets, which in turn, earn you more money!
Who we’re looking for
You don’t need experience in collections or technical knowledge as our in-depth training programme will get you up to speed. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have a buzz for hitting targets and provide a good experience even under difficult circumstances. You’ll also need:
• A full, valid UK manual driving license with no more than 8 points
• To be comfortable speaking with our customers face to face and over the phone
• To be comfortable working in a target driven environment
• To have great communication skills and ability to demonstrate Virgin Media purpose and values
What’s in it for me?
We love to reward our people for doing a great job. You’ll find the full list of benefits on our careers site, including:
• Discounted Virgin Media products for you, your family and friends
• 25 days holiday every year plus bank holidays, and your birthday off each year
• Great Pension Plan – we match every pound you put in, up to 10%
• Company Funded Medical Plan – we pay for your own cover
Things to consider before you apply
To apply, you must live within 30 minuites commute of the advertised location.
If you are successful in your application, you may be required to stay away from home during parts of the induction training. The induction dates and timings will be explained during the Assessment Centre stage of the application process - we are unable to authorise any annual leave during the induction.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!