Finance Manager - Balance Sheet Reporting
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Salary: 38000 | 45000
Role: Finance Manager – Balance Sheet Reporting
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of Finance Manager. This role is part of our Financial Accounts Balance Sheet Reporting team based from Bradford.
What we can offer you;
- £38,000 to £45,000 per annum
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Balance Sheet Reporting Finance Manager role is focussed on delivering accurate financial reporting and meeting the needs of our key stakeholders, to be delivered in accordance with the group reporting timetable.
Excellent development role, presenting an opportunity to consolidate and review cross divisional data with links to varying senior stakeholders.
What does the job entail?
The duties of a Finance Manager are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
- Monthly Balance Sheet reporting - this includes preparation of a Balance Sheet Reporting paper (containing commentary on periodic movements) and the presentation of key points in the month-end close call with senior stakeholders, including the Director of Financial Control and the Head of Financial Accounts.
- Working with the wider Accounting Services team to ensure Balance Sheet integrity and assurance
- Ad-hoc projects outside of month-end, including assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts and working on projects identified in the ‘Risks and Opportunities’ call
- Drive the continuous improvement of processes and reporting
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into Helen Brook, Senior Finance Manager and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of Finance Manager, you will have some of the following:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ideally 3 to 5 years’ post-qualified experience within Financial Accounting and/or Audit – ideally in a large complex organisation
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong excel and financial systems skills (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to coach and develop others
- Experience of working in a complex environment, delivering to deadlines
- Researches into emerging / complex accounting or reporting issues
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile. If you’d prefer to have a chat before applying, reach out to Stacey Ramm or Helen Brook on LinkedIn – we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!