Snr Network Architect DOCSIS
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Architecture and Strategy
Function:Architecture and Strategy
Full time, permanent
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the Architectural and Engineering lifecycle management of all of Virgin Media’s B2B Data Platforms. This will include (but is not limited to) Lifecycle and Strategic Ownership of the: Versa SD-WAN, Palo Alto Managed Security, Cisco L3 CPE, Nokia/ALU L2 Met Net and Docsis CPE platform portfolio’s.
You will provide Architectural guidance and leadership on the IPVPN, MIA, Wholesale, Business Broadband and Managed Security related products that are supported by the underlying B2B Platforms. A good level of Regulatory and compliance based knowledge will be required to achieve this.
You will also be assigned to multiple NPD projects in the B2B domain, translating the requirements and High Level Architectures into Low Level Design and Platform Architecture Documents, this output becomes the map for how a solution or new product is to be implemented and is a key input to the Operational support staff, project management teams and system integration teams to build and support the appropriate products.
You will play a leadership role in complex projects and implementations ensuring that the customer's goals are central in both the project design and execution.
This will be achieved by;
- Producing LLD’s for projects in the UK with a particular focus on NPD projects in the B2B space
- Supporting the Product Architect’s to help define suitable, technically valid and feasible designs based on technical and budget constraints.
- Ensuring that the B2B Solution Architecture (HLA) is produced using the agreed templates and adheres to the guidelines and policies managed by other teams (including Architecture, Operations and Information Security).
- Reviewing detailed solution designs produced by other teams and third parties, to ensure they are aligned with the B2B Platforms Architecture Document.
- Working with Integration Managers, Test Teams and Operations on the deployment plans and the non-functional requirements for the solution.
- Accountability for ensuring that B2B Solution Architecture remains up to date throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure that it represents the solution which is deployed and that the final solution is communicated back to relevant stakeholders.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Experience in a Technical Platform Architecture role.
- Previous experience in a Service Provider environment.
- Ability to write technically accurate, clear, concise documents/diagrams/presentations.
- Ability to write and present to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Understanding of Compliance based design principles (CAS-T/iso27001) including use case diagrams and sequence diagrams
- Strong Understanding of IP Data Networking with proven experience at Snr Engineering Level Essential. (CCNP/CCIE/JCNIE/Nokia SRE preferred)
- Understanding and experience of Managed Security Product portfolio management required (Palo/Fortinet/Juniper preferred)
- Previous Docsis (RF) Experience beneficial
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken & written).
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!