Senior Insurance Manager
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job: Senior Insurance Manager
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of Senior Insurance Manager. This role is part of our Claims & Insurance team based from Bradford.
What we can offer you;
- Up to £55,000 per annum
- Up to 15% Annual Bonus
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
Please note – you may be required to travel as part of this role, both within the UK and Europe to support wider Claims activity. It is anticipated this will be approximately once per month.
What’s the purpose of this role?
Within the role of Senior Insurance Manager, we are looking for a competent Insurance Manager who is comfortable dealing with, and challenging, senior stakeholders across Virgin Media and the Liberty Global group. We are really passionate about driving diversity of thought in this role, and across Virgin Media, and would love someone who is able to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, bringing something different to the table.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside the VM Head of Claims and Insurance (UK and Ire) and also the LG Group Insurance Director to ensure the proper reporting of claims incurred across the UK, Ireland and 4 additional territories in Europe in line with our insurance reporting requirements. This will require development of strong relationships across each territory with specific insurance contacts and a clear understanding of what needs to be captured when a claim is notified. Alongside developing a notification process, the role will provide technical guidance on the management of claims and the insurance requirements in respect of contracting with suppliers or undertaking tenders for new work opportunities, particularly in the UK.
What does the job entail?
As a Senior Insurance Manager you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- To act as a point of contact for 6 OpCo’s throughout Europe for the accurate and consistent general claims notification and to support the management of complex losses;
- To understand claims notification, reserving / accrual, payment and insurance structure across group
- To design and implement comprehensive FNOL process for motor and non-motor claims received across LG territories
- To provide easy to use reporting capacity in each territory that also records key data required for insurance analysis
- To map the roles involved in the claims process per OpCo for comparative analysis
- To develop a method for standardising practices across OpCos to deliver efficiency without breaking existing processes
- To manage senior customers / stakeholders within the business and understand how the wider insurance / finance operation relates to the work undertaken by the Claims Department
- To clearly understand the claims recovery model to ensure the team and wider department operate in a lean, efficient and complaint manner
- To analyse and interpret multi line report data to target efficiencies and improvements
- To work with our Accounting Services to accrue for WIP and forecast performance over a 12 month period
- To confidently present claims data and discuss large opportunities with a range of customers from non-legal backgrounds
- To liaise with and work alongside the Legal Department in ensuring our operation remains well regulated and competitive
- Support the wider business to gain improved efficiency and quality of information sent to the Claims team
- Flexibility to support the operating model and ensure consistent advice to the business
- Ability to plan work tasks with clear focus and good attention to detail
- To ensure delivery of responsibilities and agreed KPIs, managing time effectively
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into Dave Hodsdon, Head of Claims & Insurance and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of Senior Insurance Manager, you will have some of the following:
- Relevant Insurance qualification
- Risk Management Accreditation and some Audit and Actuarial experience
- Ability to understand the end-to-end process of a Claims team and experience in analysing claims information to identify process efficiencies
- Experience of working with Stakeholders and Business Partners at all levels, adopting different communication styles where needed in order to be confident in articulating information
- Demonstrable experience of managing a high performing team and delivering excellent results, with the ability to develop, train and succession plan across the team
- Ability to be pro-active, showing energy, speed and motivation when tackling challenges.
- Experience taking initiative and responsibility of planning day to day work tasks to ensure delivery of responsibilities, managing time effectively.
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile. If you’d prefer to have a chat before applying, reach out to Stacey Ramm, David Bruce or Dave Hodsdon on LinkedIn – we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!