Digital UX/UI Designer
Birmingham -Eagle Court Coventry Road -C1700
Salary: 35000 | 45000
What’s it like working for one of the most vibrant brands in the UK?
Virgin Media is one of the largest broadband, TV, mobile and home phone providers in the country. We pride ourselves on being brighter, bolder, smarter and faster than our competition, so when we say we’re obsessive about helping our customers make connections that really matter – we really mean it.
The Digital Team brims with passionate creatives with a flair for innovative disruption. We’ve created inclusive, diverse environments perfect for ambitious minds to drive our digital transformation forward. As we move towards an agile approach, we’re looking for an ambitious person who shares our fixation on world-class customer experiences and who isn’t afraid to turn the familiar on its head.
So, what’s it like working for one of the most vibrant brands in the UK? Find out for yourself and come and join us as a Digital UXUI Designer in our fantastic Birmingham offices.
About the role:
You’ll be joining the Digital Team as UXUI Designer within the Digital Design & Creative Team, a group of seasoned creatives across design, copy and production crafting best in class digital experiences that engage our customers and compel them to transact with us more often. You’ll be a part of a team delivering bold transformation across the full customer lifecycle.
We are seeking a logical thinker and creative problem solver to join the ever-growing Design team in London. You get under the skin of real user needs and balance them with business requirements to create well rounded solutions and you love taking ideas from whiteboard sketches all the way through to beautifully crafted and polished UI.
You will be working on projects from initial research and conception all the way through to final designs and dev implementation while maintaining our pattern library and ensuring we remain easy to use and accessible. You'll be working with insights to make sure all the experiences we design are fully user-tested and validated before and after launch, ensuring we stay user-centric at all times.
People development is core to our Virgin Media vales and you’ll be surrounded and supported by a leading team of digital and technological experts that deliver and evolve at a fast pace, and will help and push you to develop at an equally rapid rate.
• You are obsessed about providing customers with a world-class digital experience
• You have the energy and passion to thrive in a fast-paced environment and delivery squad, finding simple, yet elegant solutions for all aspects of customer experience, working across web, apps, innovation and service design
• You enjoy working collaboratively and influentially with stakeholders
• You are solutions focused, a problem solver and creative thinker with a desire to dive deep into understanding user needs and balance them with where we can deliver real business value
• You are user-centric and insight driven
• You are not afraid to challenge the status quo in a constructive way when necessary, focusing on solutions rather than problems
• You have an interest in emerging technology, and evolving customer needs
• You are design-system driven, maintaining and improving pattern libraries, design principles and specifications
• You are able to problem solve with rapid sketching based on workflow
• You have fluent knowledge of user centred design methodologies and approaches
• You are a self-starter, happy to work autonomously through the design process from research and inception through to high-fidelity design and implementation
• You are motivated and hungry to deliver success
• You are unflappable and have an inspirational can-do attitude
• You are principled yet pragmatic
Your experience and supporting qualifications
• Degree in a design related discipline
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a transformational digital environment, in-house or agency, telco experience is a bonus
• Experience as a multi-disciplined Designer and have an obsessive attention to detail
• Understanding and experience of agile methodologies
• Personable, clear communication and presentation skills
• Solid and fluent proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision and Adobe CC
• Experience reading/ pulling data from Adobe Analytics/ UserZoom/ SessionCam is a bonus but not essential
• Experience in storytelling a vision through illustration of life-cycle states
• Experience in conducting user testing, remote and face-to-face
• Good understanding of analytics, using data to inform decisions
• Good understanding of A/B and multi-variant testing
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!