Finance Manager - Mobile
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Finance Manager – Mobile
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of Finance Manager. This role is part of our Management Accounts team based from Bradford.
What we can offer you;
- Up to £55,000 per annum
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
What’s the purpose of this role?
To ensure provision of accurate monthly and quarterly reporting, and provide analysis & reconciliation review in line with agreed timescales and group policy as well as identifying, managing and communicating operational and financial risks and process changes for your area. You will also be managing internal and external stakeholder relationships that impact your monthly processes.
What does the job entail?
The duties of a Finance Manager are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
- Working with complex consolidating accounting models, supporting quarterly reporting to our US parent company
- Utilising your excellent communication skills to frequently engage with multiple VM teams and key stakeholders, alongside internal and outsourced colleagues
- Identify and manage operational and financial risks
- Review and presenting divisional reporting packs for internal stakeholders in line with meeting required deadlines, plus any other ad hoc reporting as and when required
- Understand business changes and strategy and taking responsibility to be an expert on processes within your area, suggesting amendments and working with the outsourced team to ensure delivery, whilst maintaining accurate accounting
- Balance Sheet accounts, including review of reconciliations and ensuring adequate assurance activities have occurred, commercial and transactional completeness of commentary, and summarisation of key items
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into Clare James, Head of Management Accounts and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of Finance Manager, you will have some of the following:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ideally 3 to 5 years’ post-qualified experience within Financial Accounting and/or Audit – ideally in a large complex organisation
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong excel and financial systems skills (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to coach and develop others
- Experience of working in a complex environment, delivering to deadlines
- Researches into emerging / complex accounting or reporting issues
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile. If you’d prefer to have a chat before applying, reach out to Stacey Ramm, Steven Boult or Clare James on LinkedIn – we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!