Fixed Assets Finance Manager
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job: Fixed Assets Finance Manager
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of Fixed Assets Finance Manager. This role is part of our Financial Accounts team based from Bradford.
What we can offer you;
- Up to £52,000 per annum
- Up to 15% Annual Bonus
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working (we can also consider a 4 day working week for this role)
What’s the purpose of this role?
The main purpose of this role is managing the day-to-day accounting and reporting within Fixed Assets and Property dilapidations. You will also be responsible for ad-hoc capital and fixed asset related projects and ownership of the fixed asset simplification roadmap, highlighting process improvements and efficiencies.
What does the job entail?
As a Fixed Assets Finance Manager you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Monthly Fixed Asset accounting, reconciliation of balance sheets & performance of SOx controls
- Production of quarterly Fixed Asset schedules for the 10Q/K and annual schedules for the UK Statutory accounts
- Liaising with the SOx auditors, external auditors & the tax teams
- Ad-hoc project work, such as involvement in the LG Oracle migration and completion of the simplification plan to remove legacy valuations
- Integration of processes across VM UK and Ireland & LG Denver & Central with a view to achieving simplification and process alignment
- Liaising with the business to understand investment and disposal activities, to understand the impact on VM’s asset base
- Detailed forecasting of depreciation charges
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Access database
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into Caroline Egan, Head of Fixed Asset Accounting and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across the business – these will range from our UK and US tax teams, our Head of Financial Accounts and our Property Finance team.
We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What we’re looking for;
As the right candidate for the role of Fixed Assets Finance Manager you will have some of the following:
- You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) with a solid level of post-qualification accounting experience, either within Management or Financial Accounts
- Ideally you’ll have experience using Microsoft Office packages, Business Objects and Essbase – you’ll definitely need to be strong at data manipulation within Excel
- You’ll have experience of statutory accounting and complex consolidations, as well as writing financial reports for a number of key stakeholders across the business
- We’d love it if you have the energy and passion to achieve stretching objectives, with a continued focus on streamlining processes and driving efficiencies
- Last but by no means least, you’ll need to have experience engaging and working with a number of key stakeholders across different levels in the business as well as building and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the business – both written and oral communication skills are a must for this role!
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile. If you’d prefer to have a chat before applying, reach out to Stacey Ramm on LinkedIn – we would love to hear from you!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!