Commercial Build Manager - NW & Yorkshire
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Full time, permanent
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses.
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Commercial Manager that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
As the Commercial Manager you will be supporting the Build Managers and Project Managers through the ownership of all commercial operational issues across the regions. This role is the principle point for all cost & contract management including the development of Project NEC4 Option A and B Prices, approving the Applications for Payment, supporting the control of Compensation Events, Preparation of Project Final Accounts and the management of all NRSWA commercial issues.
Other duties but not limited to:
- Develop commercial management strategies, including performance management framework, for each relevant contractor relationship
- Support the business in the ongoing review of the optimal use of contractor resource, given strategic, financial and operational considerations. Including working with PRT and Procurement to generate Supplier performance information
- Support the Commercial Strategy Team and Procurement to manage supplier risk, delivery units to identify innovation and post-contract lessons learned
- Manage the balance of ensuring value-for-money is optimised without adversely impacting the quality of work/service delivery and integrity of the planned design
- Develop commercial management criteria / metrics for the effective management of our contracts and Contractor relationships
- Ensure that contracts are operating within contracted performance tolerances, the delivery units are trained on contractual terms & conditions
- Support the development of negotiation strategies and lead cross-functional teams
- Manage the work involved in undertaking claim / contractual / commercial analysis in the determination of commercial management and negotiations
- Appropriately document commercial negotiations, performance reviews and agreements in conjunction with Procurement, PRT and Legal as required
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Detailed use of NEC3/4 contracts and especially Options A & B
- Significant commercial experience and acumen, a track record of high value contract commercial management
- Use of ERP (Oracle or SAP) financial systems
- Use of Contract & Cost Management Systems (ideally CEMAR)
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or similar discipline
- Non degree holder should have a demonstrable record of success with extensive experience in similar roles
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS and / or CIOB would be an additional advantage
- Ideally hold the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) Certificate.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!