Oracle EBS HCM and Payroll Functional Specialist
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Role: Oracle EBS HCM and Payroll Functional Specialist
Location: Green Park, Reading
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
What is the job?
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Oracle EBS Functional Subject Matter Expert with specialist knowledge in the HCM modules with particular expert experience and knowledge in Payroll required. You will also have business process expertise and the ability to deliver application changes and delivery of new functionality to meet business requirements.
You will be involved in an exciting programme of change with the objective of consolidating multiple EBS platforms into a single global multi-org platform.
You will take the lead on small works deliverables and also provide second line support for a global Oracle 12.1.3 platform, as well as peripheral systems. Experienced in conforming to Service Level and Support Agreements, Audit, Security and Compliance standards, and maximising customer satisfaction.
What will you be doing?
As the Oracle Functional Specialist in HCM/Payroll you will be a key contributor to the design and implementation of the Oracle EBS Consolidation Project configuration changes, functional design specifications and testing cycles. Ensuring the solutions are fit for purpose and in-line with business requirements. You will also influence the strategy and future direction for the applications.
An important part of the role will be communicating effectively across the business, both written and verbal, to ensure that expectations are effectively managed and areas for improvement are identified. You will liaise with both stakeholders internally as well as 3rd party partners.
We are creating a Shared Services Centre of Excellence within Virgin Media, this position will be an integral part of that and can be based in either Bradford or Reading
Are you right for the role?
To be right for this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant hands on functional configuration/set-up experience of Oracle EBS functional areas; Core HCM, Absence, Payroll, Advanced Benefits and Time & Labour
- Proven experience in the set-up of payroll including fast formula’s
- Proven experience in a Support & Development role
- Experience providing 3rd line expertise support and working with Oracle on SR’s
- Experience of executing SIT, supporting UAT cycles and managing delivery planning
- A good understanding of the integration points between modules and experience of integrating Oracle ERP with non-ERP applications
- Experience across a wide range of Oracle ERP R12 Applications and technologies including: Some knowledge of Oracle schemas and public APIs, an understanding of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, and reporting tools (e.g. OBIEE, HR Analytics or Business Objects)
- Experience on ERP Implementation Projects in Multi-Org, Multi-Currency Instances.
- Design, Functional Configuration, SIT, UAT Cycles, training and Post Go-Live support.
- Strong UK legislative knowledge for HR and Payroll, including RTI, Shared Parental Leave, Pension Auto Enrollment
- Working knowledge of Ireland Payroll Legislative requirements advantageous
- Strong problem analysis skills with the ability to think creatively about possible problem solutions. Determines when to escalate issues to vendors and changes which will improve quality of support service.
- Proven ability to work largely independently and proactively on a fast paced and busy workload
- An understanding of Oracle AIM methodology
- Experience working on Agile and/or Waterfall based projects
What to do now?
If this sounds like the next step in your career.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!