Database Security Specialist
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Full time, permanent
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for Data Base Security Specialist that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
The Database Security Specialist will primarily be focused on how databases are secured within Liberty Global, and ensure they have the relevant protection and controls in place using Imperva SecureSphere. The successful candidate with work closely with members of the GSOC, and the database teams to develop a security framework for all Virgin Media databases.
This will be achieved by;
- Being the recognised SME on database security and be able to give guidance on the protection of databases.
- Developing and implementing database security use cases.
- Building, monitoring and alerting functionality to identify security concerns.
- Maintaining and updating database security and audit standard documents.
- Maintaining, deploying and developing the database security monitoring tool set.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Good understanding of Imperva SecureSphere having designed and deployed an installation, and operated the product once implemented.
- Experience in reviewing database technology security configurations
- Understand the impact of a database events and prioritise them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have or be able to attain and maintain NPPV SC Clearance
- Having worked in the Security Operations Centre and understanding how a security incident should a resolved would be useful
- Any appropriate RDBMS or Security Certifications e.g. Certificated Oracle, MS SQL Server, CISSP, CISM etc. would be a plus
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!