Learning & Development Designer
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Talent and Organization Development
Function:Talent and Organization Development
Role: Learning and Development Designer
Location: Reading, Birmingham or Manchester
Virgin Media is a fast-paced business where no two days are the same! We are on the lookout for people like you to join us in the role of a Learning and Development Designer. This role is part of our People (HR) team and can be based out of either our Reading, Birmingham or Manchester offices.
There may be some travel required within the role – occasionally you may need to visit our other sites for meetings and workshops.
What we can offer you;
- A competitive salary
- 5 days per week Monday – Friday with the option for SMART Working
Plus, some other typical benefits you might have seen elsewhere:
- Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
- Holiday: 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
- Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental and the ability to buy/sell holiday, opt in to our Share Save and many more salary sacrifice schemes
On top of this, our employees are part of Virgin Tribe where they can access a wide range of great deals within the Virgin Group and our partners. Last, but by no means least, we give our employees access to My Rates and Mates Rates – meaning that you, your friends and your family can get some Oomph in your life through our great deals on Virgin Media products and services!
What’s the purpose of this role?
Working within our People Team, you’ll to partner with CPMs & internal stakeholders to consult with them on their learning and performance solution needs. The Learning and Development Designer will manage the solutions end to end. This will include developing the
relationship with the stakeholder, identifying their needs, proposing solutions, identify their resource to develop the agreed upon solution and program manage the solution through deployment and maintenance. The goal is to educate our partners on performance and deliver performance solutions to meet business objectives.
- Analyse learning aims and objectives and work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design solutions that align with these.
- Innovate and design new learning content to deliver to the business.
What does the job entail?
In the role of a Learning and Development Designer you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Collaborates with clients to identify and diagnose performance gaps as to propose and develop holistic solutions that address business problems, close performance gaps and realise opportunities.
- Oversees design/development of component solutions to ensure relevance, fit and applicability within holistic solution.
- Ensures success metrics are established at the outset of a performance solution in order to measure results.
- Serves as the design project manager for multiple projects.
- Prepares and delivers project documentation, status reports, and communications with stakeholders, business clients and L&D Stakeholders
- Ensures that performance, training design and development is compatible with existing infrastructure through frequent use of pilots, testing, user feedback/insight, and subject matter expert feedback.
What’s in it for you?
We will offer you a place you’ll feel welcomed and supported from day one, but you can expect to be challenged. You’ll report into our L&D Lead and you’ll work with a multitude of stakeholders across the business.
As the right candidate for the role of Learning and Development Designer you have some of the following:
- Experience in Learning and Development or Learning Design.
- Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Competent level in the creation of graphics and other visual assets
- Highly literate with demonstrable writing ability for copy creation.
- Multi Media knowledge and experience for designing learning solutions in a digital world.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Adobe
- Creative Cloud and Articulate 360/Adobe Captivate.
In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
What to do now?
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!