Commercial Manager - Customer Policy and Fairness
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Commercial Manager – Customer Policy and Fairness
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and up to 15% annual bonus
Our commercial function acts as the architect of our revenue growth in the consumer division through customer value propositioning, proposition development and design, base management, pricing, go-to-market activity and forecasting. The team works cross-functionally to lead process design which creates our portfolio of profit-maximising products and packages, leading to growth in operating cash flow increases our NPS and optimises ROI.
We’re looking for 2 customer policy professionals to join the Pricing & Policy Team to be responsible for representing Commercial on legal and regulatory projects, and ensuring ongoing compliance with policies.
You will bring strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business to balance requirements across the business to ensure that stakeholders’ needs are met in a fully compliant manner. You will be closely working with stakeholders across the business to ensure requirements are captured and implemented across all teams.
- Commercial lead for regulatory changes that affect Virgin Media, and accountable for ensuring continued compliance once regulations, laws and compliance projects are live.
- Represent the Commercial team on business change projects delivering regulatory change, ensuring requirements are captured by the project and delivered, balancing requirements across the business to ensure that stakeholders’ needs are met in a fully compliant manner.
- Work very closely with Finance to identify the Commercial impact of regulatory changes, with a specific focus on understanding and managing revenue and OCF impacts.
- Use strategic analysis from internal and external sources to provide expert insight into the medium to long term trends influenced by Legal and Regulatory change.
- Represent Virgin Mobile with external bodies such as Ofcom, working closely with Legal and Regulatory teams to support with industry consultations, data requests and policy reviews.
- Accountable for representing Virgin Mobile in cross-industry reviews and projects, working with other Mobile and Telecommunications service providers to identify solutions that can be implemented by Virgin Mobile and across the industry
- Take the lead on policy decisions, presenting recommendations and gaining sign off up to Executive Director level.
- Act as business owner to remove ambiguity from regulatory and legal advice across operational teams such as sales and care. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent stakeholder management across a broad range of teams.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager to define policy, with support from Regulatory, Legal and Compliance teams, for new Virgin Media products, and also provide consultancy for major change within Virgin Media.
- Maintain quality of delivery, ensuring downstream teams e.g. Technology deliver systems and processes to required standards, followed by accurate and regular assurance.
- Own agent- and customer-facing policy information, taking the lead to explain our policies and to our customer-facing teams and other support areas, regularly reviewing the published information to ensure it remains correct.
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Experience, Care and Digital to ensure that agents and customers have access to information about policies across multiple channels and information sources.
- Work with Legal and Digital to ensure terms are published correctly and maintained ongoing.
- Be a primary contact for PR and Compliance enquiries relating to policy.
- Collaborate with wider Policy, Pricing and Product teams across Virgin Media to develop policy alignment across the different products, where required.
- Responsible for managing and prioritising Policy changes with a need to manage multiple time-critical pieces of work confidently and with a sense of calm.
Behaviours we look for
- Demonstrable leadership qualities that reflect Virgin Media’s culture and promotes bravery, simplified solutions, optimism, zest, risk taking and connection across team, department and business
- Empathetic, approachable, and fair in dealings with colleagues at all levels – demonstrates a strong team mentality and able to build and maintain open and honest communication at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business
- Ability to think on your feet and be ready to react to day to day trading pressures
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills confidently challenging and influencing opinions
- Comfortable operating numerical data sets as part of business casing
- Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo with bold and original ideas that create growth
- Ability to see beyond the task to the overall purpose and engage people around a strategy, creating an energising and rewarding environment to work in
- Ability to exercise judgement to make timely and sound decisions regarding highly complex and broad scope issues as they relate to both people and the business
- Ability to lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters: delegating, constructively managing conflicting priorities under pressure, and maintaining a professional and positive manner to enable teams to deliver results
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!