Technical Product Owner
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Join us a Technical Product Owner within Virgin Media Business, you will own the definition of technical requirements for new products that introduce emerging technologies and enable digital customer experiences. Conducting proof of concepts, prototypes and customer facing trials to better understand how our customers can make the best use of our new technologies.
Working closely with project members, stakeholders and SME’s to ensure clear communication of the product vision and engagement in delivering a shared set of customer outcomes. Whilst working with Product Managers to develop the product vision and strategy, ensuring alignment between go to market activities and the development of the product itself. Ensuring that all elements of our services are considered as a whole, leveraging people and technology in the right places to maximise customer experience.
- Understanding customer requirements at a range of technical levels and translating them into product feature requirements ensuring a focus on customer outcome throughout.
- Working with Product Managers to define product strategy and roadmap, technology partners, UI/UX designers as a technical SME and to represent user personas alongside Go to Market strategies.
- Collaborating with key technology, delivery and operations stakeholders.
- Briefing development teams on product requirements and support refinement and design activity, adjusting the requirement as needed to balance cost, quality and timescales. Ensuing that operational requirements and processes are identified and addressed. In addition to writing technical product documentation for in-house developed technology
So what are we looking for?
- Experience of defining requirements for which deliver high quality products for large enterprises using a mixture of Cloud, Network and Security technologies. Working as an Agile Product Owner with Software Defined Networking products, developing solutions based on Public Cloud services (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Great with customers being articulate, engaging at various levels of seniority and technical ability, thought-provoking and responsive.
- Influences organisation, clients, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Builds appropriate and effective business relationships. Making decisions which impact the success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
- Demonstrating creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer advising on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!