Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Architecture and Strategy
Salary: 60000 | 65000
Function:Architecture and Strategy
Role - Lead Developer
Salary - Upto £65,000
What is the role?
We are seeking a passionate Lead .NET Developer with ambitions to drive the best technology and software development practices. You will be responsible for leading the development of projects whilst working closely with the business to define strategy and goals. You will manage developers, so must have previous experience leading a team. You will also be highly skilled technically, with a passion for creating exceptional software for clients. You'll thrive running teams of cross-functional developers and take pride in your work, keeping up to date with the latest developments in the field of technology and always willing to share new ideas with the team whilst promoting the firms brand.
Are you right for the role?
- To be successful in this role you will need to have proven experience in the following:
- Strong .NET development skills - C# ASP.NET MVC
- Experience of working on web based systems
- Experience of Visual Studio, SSMS and TFS
- Experience of agile development
- Proactive with a keen desire to take ownership of projects
- Collaborative with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Some of the below would be advantageous:
- Experience of website publishing in IIS
- Good MS Excel skills along with general Microsoft Office understanding
- Knowledge of techniques employed in analysing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Experience in a Telecoms or networking environment
- Software modelling and/or what-if scenario analysis experience
What are we offering?
You will have the opportunity to join an expanding team, and in time will have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and influence the development strategy.
As well as this, we have a great benefits package, which is detailed below.
Other great information
We’ve recently launched our new Purpose & Values – something that really matters to us and will give you a real insight into how we embrace our values in all that we do
What to do now?
If this sounds like a great next step in your career then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!