Change Management - Change Analyst
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Salary: up to £39,000 dependent on experience
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking a Network Specialist to join our Core Networks and Operations function as we continue to expand our network across the UK. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Our Technology and Innovation function really is the force behind Virgin Media. Without these super people we wouldn’t have the latest technology in place to constantly challenge our competitors and continue taking the UK market by storm.
Working in our Technology and Innovation function is very unique. We work collaboratively with Liberty Global in a PAN European Delivery Function, meaning our opportunities are now more exciting than ever! We are now proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
What is the job?
Fast, efficient and fit for the future. That’s our network. But it could equally describe our Network team. After all, they’re the ones who make it all happen. The fastest and most powerful cable network in the UK (that’s ours, by the way) benefits from over £2bn of investment. And our Network team are the ones who make the money go all the way to ‘wow’.
As a Change Analyst at Virgin Media, you will be responsible for the governance of all planned work to our network. You will ensure that all live changes are guided through the Change Management process as required and that the process is communicated to all key stakeholders. As part of our Change Management team, you will have high levels of stakeholder engagement across all parts of the Virgin Media business and across all levels.
Our Change Management team processes a large volume of changes in a highly complex network and technology infrastructure which is as challenging as it is exciting. Ultimately, it’s all about making sure the network can deliver the fastest broadband speeds in the UK, while coping with an ever increasing demand for connectivity, therefore, there is a key focus on enabling successful and efficient implementation of changes to minimise any impact to our customers.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Responsible for managing the quality of change tickets; seeking further details when required from Change Owners; challenging change tickets if appropriate until satisfied that they accurately reflect the proposed change
- Ensuring changes are categorised according to their risk and impact, contain the right levels of information and are processed within the respective SLAs through validation, approval and authorisation to review and closure
- Performs impact analysis on changes to ensure the impacts to customers and services are thoroughly understood and effectively communicated to all required parties within contractual SLAs
- Clash check and schedule changes in line with customer notification SLAs, maintaining a cohesive and appropriately prioritised change schedule and highlighting scheduling conflicts or risks
- Responsible for the quality, frequency, mechanism and appropriateness of change communication; ensuring business awareness and authorisation where required; ensuring timeliness of communication to facilitate authorisation and scheduling
- Reviews changes post-implementation to verify effectiveness and efficiency; ensures the information in Change and Configuration systems is correct to support reporting
- Where incidents have been flagged as caused by change undertake a Change Review to identify reasons for failure, accuracy of stated risk & impact, effectiveness of implementation, testing and back out plans, adherence to process and communication.
Are you right for the role?
- Experience in a relevant IT/Telecoms/Broadband/Service Management role
- Demonstrable and successful track record of working within a Change Management team responsible for processing large change volumes across a complex infrastructure to challenging service levels and KPIs
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of change management purpose and methods using ITIL best practice and Remedy (Web) systems
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with other Service Management disciplines
- Experience of dealing with multi-priority deliverables with delivery workloads being maintained
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight timescales
- Foundation certificate in ITIL Service Management plus accreditation in any other ITIL disciplines an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to form strong business relationships with a large volume of stakeholders across multiple locations. Therefore, experience in multinational and multicultural environments would be a benefit.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a family friendly & flexible working environment where you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!