Economics and Pricing Strategy Manager
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Competitive salary plus bonus
Hook, Hampshire – please note that we are moving to Green Park, Reading late 2019
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media Business (VMB) as an Economics and Pricing Strategy Manager. You will play an important role in leading the VMB Wholesale pricing strategy, working closely with the Commercial Management team and Head of Commercial to ensure that regulatory and competitor analysis is informing our short and long term pricing decisions.
You will also play a key role in increasing the visibility of the VMB Wholesale products & solution economics with the wider business, ensuring that there is a robust deal & investment evaluation tool and methodology in place.
What you'll be doing
- Lead on work with the Commercial Leaders and Managers to create propositions and pricing to increase TCV acquired or retained
- Understand regulatory market changes and implications for VMB Wholesale, and make appropriate recommendations on VMB Wholesale’s position and response to such changes
- Fully understand the Wholesale market for all products, understanding pricing and commercial trends
- Own the product economics & MIDAS model for VMB Wholesale:
- Develop integrity of the models such that they are believed to be the most reliable source of product & solution profitability for use in commercial decision-making
- Ensure that data can be manipulated and presented appropriately, including the modelling of scenarios, to answer to questions asked by all stakeholders
- Identify through analytics of data the potential opportunities for improvements and create business cases for assessment
- Provide meaningful regular updates on changes to profitability, & the drivers of this, to key business stakeholders
- Create a virtuous circle of improvement for MIDAS and product economics tool, using feedback from users to ensure they remain fit for purpose and have on-going relevance in commercial decision-making
- Acquisition and base management (CVM) pricing, developing a clear pricing strategy for renewals and upgrades in addition to new acquisition
- Price change support
Knowledge, experience and skills
- You’ll be a good relationship builder as there a number of key interfaces in the role. This includes Finance, Product Managers, Sales, Procurement, Wider Commercial and Marketing, Network Expansion
- An understanding of the Telecoms industry and its products preferred. Experience of an industry or sector where returns on capital investment models have been created/used
- Strong/advanced financial qualifications and experience are essential
- Proven ability to lead a team, including “virtual” teams
- Proven ability to drive discussions to a clear action plan
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders across a variety of functions and areas of expertise
- Proven ability of engagement skills in order to build a network
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!