Senior Business Analyst
Reading -Green Park, Brook Drive -C1830
Service and Support
Function:Service and Support
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Hook (relocation to Reading Q4 2020)
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Please note that we will be relocating our Hook offices to Grean Park Busness Park, Reading in December 2020
What is the job?
As a Senior Business Analyst here at Virgin Media you will work independently to determine and deliver expert business analysis activities and deliverables for large size and complex business change projects or programmes. The role sits within our Technology Division and focusses on Consumer projects.
Our Team looks to Senior Business Analysts to lead on the analysis across large programmes. You will have the ability to shape and scope programme governance as well plan and schedule resources.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be responsible for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes. The role will help deliver change through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
The role also applies and monitors the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
What will you be doing?
- Full responsibility for the Business Analysis within a project, programme or work stream. The advice given and decisions made will have a material impact on the effective delivery of the project, programme or work stream
- Capture and gain agreement of the business goals and objectives driving the need for the project, programme or work stream
- Plan the analysis approach on a project, programme or work stream. Identify the deliverables needed and provide resource and milestone estimates
- Engage with senior stakeholders in relevant business areas to scope business needs and promote business analysis capability
- Accountable for the elicitation and analysis of complex high level and detailed requirements
- Produce requirements documentation to a high standard that meet stakeholder needs, using requirements modelling techniques as appropriate
- Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle; ensuring effective scope control and that solution compliance to requirements is tracked through to implementation
- Evaluate the financial, cultural, technological, organisational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change projects, programmes or work streams
- Work with the Business Readiness Manager to identify the need for updates to existing processes or operating models and introduction of new business processes or operating models
Are you right for the role?
The successful candidate will have a range of experience, including:
- Significant experience of business analysis in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment
- Successful delivery of complex business change projects from start up to implementation.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge and practical experience with a variety of Business Analysis tools and techniques
- Requirements Management, able to gather and produce requirement documentation to a high standard.
- Experience of defining analysis approach on a project and planning the Business Analysis work stream including identification of tasks, estimating resources and milestones
- Excellent management of stakeholder relationships
- Proven strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict management techniques
- Demonstrable skills in presenting information effectively
ISEB Business Analysis Diploma, IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), IIBA Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or equivalent.
What we’ll provide for you:
Not only a great package but also the opportunity to join a fantastic company.
We’ve recently launched our new Purpose & Values – something that really matters to us and will give you a real insight into how we embrace our values in all that we do
What to do now?
If this sounds like a great next step in your career then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!