Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as an Commercial Manager. Reporting to the Commercial Solutions Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the profitable growth of Virgin Media Business (“VMB”) in line with long range plan targets by providing high quality commercial support and governance, with particular emphasis on major / complex bids.
In order to improve Win Rates you will be responsible for:
o Understanding proposals end to end and providing cross-function challenge and support to wider bid team through creative thought leadership to drive higher win rates.
o Developing excellent customer understanding and build strong customer peer relationships
In addition, you will be accountable for the commercial aspects of our customer propositions, ensuring compliance with VMB’s commercial strategy and governance rules and processes.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Work with all areas of the bid team to help design solutions and responses that optimise win chance and profitability based on a clear understanding of the customer requirements, strategy and environment
- Be accountable for the pricing, profitability assessment and commercial risk identification and mitigation on all customer propositions, with particular emphasis on major / complex bids.
- Formulate commercial strategies / structures (on bids, renewals, acquisition opportunities) in line with VMB’s strategy to maximise the balance of risk/reward and drive maximum customer lifetime value creation.
- Undertake benchmarking/competitor analysis to ensure competitiveness of offering and to optimise our price and commercial positions.
- Understand key market trends, changing customer requirements, solutions based approaches and competitor activity.
- Engage directly in customer discussions and negotiations throughout the lifetime of the opportunity, identifying additional /future growth or profit enhancing opportunities.
- Provide commercial approval in line with delegated authority levels and/or objective analysis and recommendation where beyond delegated authority levels.
- Interface with the Finance function regarding capex and investment decisions.
- Understanding of contracts and contract risk, mitigating where appropriate.
- Ensure governance processes and policy are strictly adhered to.
- Employ and demonstrate Virgin Values and Behaviours.
So what are we looking for?
- Knowledge of the telecommunications market either through direct experience or potentially through a consultancy based role.
- Proven experience in project based environment, working to defined and often challenging timescales with interdependency with other functions/workstreams.
- Ability to manage a number of bids, customer opportunities at any one time and to work to strict deadlines.
- Highly numerate (advanced Excel) plus proven financial modelling and analytical experience.
- A proficient knowledge of financial performance metrics eg margins, NPV, IRR, payback etc and ability to explain financial assumptions, models and investment appraisal.
- Significant previous experience and demonstrable achievement in a pricing or commercial finance role, ideally within the IT/Telecoms B2B market.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, professional financial qualification or equivalent desirable
- Worked closely with or had previous experience in a product management/marketing or sales environment
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!