Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job Title: Claims Specialist
Salary: £26,000 to £32,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Claims Specialist which is part of the Legal and Regulatory division, based from our Bradford office.
What’s the purpose of the role?
The purpose of this role is to manage your own portfolio of legal claims, advice and queries from various customers across the business relevant to your specialist area. You will progress a varied caseload of claims including receiving instructions, research and investigation, advice, quality communications, business collaboration and process improvement. You will conduct and resolve claims by litigation (including court attendance, where necessary), dispute resolution and negotiation. You will own a specialist area of legal work and will be responsible for providing guidance and support within your specialism to other team members including coaching of Claims Handlers.
This is an in-house role and you may at times also be required to build your knowledge within unfamiliar areas of law quickly by undertaking legal research and to handle matters outside your specialist area.
What does the job entail?
In the role of Claims Specialist you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Responsible for the day to day conduct of pre litigated and litigated legal claims;
- Accountable for the timely resolution of disputes in accordance with specific SLAs or KPIs relevant to your work type;
- To manage the claims to a high standard, with integrity, in compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements;
- To draft and communicate with care and skill to uphold the professional image of the Claims Department;
- To keep in mind the image, reputation and purpose of Virgin Media / Liberty Global
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Claims Specialist you will be a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive and will have some of the following;
- Experience of Small, Fast and Multi Track litigation;
- Good practical knowledge of the CPR;
- Significant experience of negligence or commercial claims and litigation gained over a period of at least 5 years in the industry;
- Experience of handling claims for the communications industry would be beneficial.
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!