Claims Team Manager
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job Title: Claims Team Manager
Salary: £35,000 per annum DOE + Amazing benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Manager to join our Claims & Insurance Legal team based at Virgin Media in Bradford.
What’s the purpose of this role?
- Oversee day to day performance and management of a team of Claims Handlers dealing with Network Damage Recovery.
- To provide guidance and support to the team members including training, development, feedback and coaching of Claims Handlers.
- To own a specialist area of legal work and be responsible for keeping your knowledge current and to ensure you are competent in all aspects of the field in which you specialise.
- Responsible for the operation of the team of handlers you will control the allocation and handling of a mixed caseload of claims relating to network damage across all 3 tracks.
- Own and deliver a team target which will require you to achieve ambitious performance goals by supervising the delivery of your team and motivating yourself.
- Ensure work in collaboration with Lead Claim Specialist to ensure consistency.
- Provide Key MI to Senior Manager.
What does a Claims Team Manager do at Virgin Media?
In this role you would be responsible for a number of key activities including some of the following:
- Responsible for the day to day management and performance of Claims Handlers;
- Responsible for the day to day oversight of pre litigated andlitigated legal claims;
- Accountable for the accurate and timely resolution of disputes in accordance with specific SLAs or KPIs relevant to your work type;
- To manage the claims handlers to a high standard, with integrity, in compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements;
- To ensure you and the Team draft and communicate with care and skill to uphold the professional image of the Claims Department;
- To keep in mind the image, reputation and purpose of Virgin Media / Liberty Global is supplying superfast fibre telecommunications.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Claims Team Manager, you will have some of the following:
- Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive;
- At least 1 year of Management Experience;
- Experience of Small, Fast and Multi Track litigation;
- Good practical knowledge of the CPR;
- Significant experience of commercial litigation gained over a period of at least 3 years in the industry;
- Experience of handling claims for the Communications or Utilities Industries or Local Authority would be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity for you to work as part of a fantastic team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!