Manchester -Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R -C0480
Salary: Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Virgin Media is one of the largest broadband, TV, mobile and home phone providers in the country. We pride ourselves on being brighter, bolder, smarter and faster than our competition, so when we say we’re obsessive about helping our customers make connections that really matter – we really mean it.
The Digital Team brims with passionate creatives – with a flair for innovative disruption. We’ve created inclusive, diverse environments perfect for ambitious minds to drive our digital transformation forward. As we move towards an agile approach, we’re looking for an ambitious person who shares our fixation on world-class customer experiences and who isn’t afraid to turn the familiar on its head.
So, what’s it like working for one of the most vibrant brands in the UK? Why not join us and find out for yourself?
Come and join us as a Scrum Master in our Manchester office.
• Have an interest in companies that provide their customers with a super digital experience
• Energy and passion to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Enjoy leading teams and cutting through the noise
• Have a can-do attitude
About the role
You'll be joining our “Getting Started” squad, which is responsible for helping our customers get set up quickly, ensure they get the most from their products, and increase customer engagement with our digital journey during early life. The squad is responsible for digital experiences which make customers' lives easier - helping them get set up quickly with their kit, tracking their engineers and getting excited about being with Virgin Media – focused on key customer experience goals of value, advocacy and retention.
You'll be the Scrum Master for the Digital functional squad which includes the likes of Product, Design, Development and Analytics, along with supporting the Customer Journey Squad spanning installation, network planning, insight, customer experience design and hardware design. All activities will need close engagement with people across the wider Consumer business such as Customer Experience, Commercial, Marketing and Customer Insight.
We're going through a transformation and you'll be playing a critical part in driving agile principles, values and ways of working ensuring that the newly formed squad are constantly improving and getting confident with agile ways of working.
You’ll need high energy and a commitment to support teams adopting agile ways of working, acting as an agile SME to help embed principles in a fast-paced area. You’ll need to hit the ground running, be proactive and have a passion for leading a great team.
Things you’ll be doing:
• Responsible for driving forward and removing blockers for online change in the getting started space
• Responsible for acting as an Agile champion across the overall functional squad
• Leading the team to transition to agile ways of working, influencing partner and the business to get there
• Communicating on behalf of the team to stakeholders
• Facilitate meetings for the team and leading retrospectives and other key sprint meetings
• Help the team make decisions
• Enable the team to continuously deliver value - protect the team and remove blockers
• Coach the team and provide regular feedback
• Support the Product Owner in breaking down tasks
• Support with release planning & dependencies
• Support the wider agile community in the company and share experiences regularly
• Continue to learn and bring new ways and methods into the team
Your experience and supporting qualifications
• Recognised Scrum certification
• Performed the role of a Delivery Manager and/or Scrum Master within a digital product team
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!