Credit and Collections Strategy Business Partner
Birmingham -Eagle Court Coventry Road -C1700
Credit and Collections Business Partner
Eagle Court, Birmingham
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and up to 15% annual bonus
Our commercial function acts as the architect of our revenue growth in the consumer division through customer value propositioning, credit and collections, proposition development and design, base management, pricing, go-to-market activity and forecasting. The team works cross-functionally to lead process design which creates our portfolio of profit-maximising products and packages, leading to growth in operating cash flow increases our NPS and optimises ROI.
- Reporting into the Head of Credit Policy and Collections Strategy as part of the broader Commercial team. This role is to lead the mobile collections strategy team consisting of 2 analysts, managing workloads and ensuring successful delivery of project work and individual development
- To deliver analysis and insight into the performance of mobile collection activity and to help develop and design strategies to support the business in optimising the collections function.
- To identify operational improvements within Collections which will reduce OPEX, improve customer experience, increase cash collection and reduce bad debt exposure.
- To be a source of Collection business and technical knowledge for CSI manager, CSI team and the business
- A driven individual who is looking to constantly strive for improvement both for themselves, the team and the business.
- To deliver concise and insightful presentations to senior managers with formal strategy proposals, highlighting key benefits to the business (OPEX reduction, collections performance improvements, bad debt savings) and doing so in a clear and concise manner.
- To effectively analyse collections using SQL by interrogating data systems in a logical and structured way. Identifying key trends and business opportunities and presenting results and new strategic changes to key stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of collection strategies, which improve non-pay performance and improve customer experience.
- To support, develop and promote the CSI team with knowledge, skills and ideas, always striving for improvement.
- A team player capable of contributing effectively, positively and adding value to the team dynamic and skills whilst being a good source of business and technical knowledge for Head of Credit & Collections Strategy, line manager, team and stakeholders at all levels.
- Develop successful and purposeful working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external (Head of Customer Contact - Collections, Strategy Managers, external suppliers)
- To work closely with the Collections Department providing insightful analysis in a timely manner, looking at agent performance, dialler effectiveness.
- Improve customer segmentation and communication strategies in line with customer behaviour highlighting gaps, opportunities, successes and improvements.
- To produce management information, manage ad hoc requests and resolution of management queries relating to operational performance and reporting.
Behaviours we look for
- To have key stakeholder management skills and ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels
- Analytically minded with can do approach to solving challenges
- Able to consider the wider commercial impacts of any strategic decisions and be customer centric
- Enjoys a challenge always looking for continual improvement
- Ability to plan and organise own and others workloads and work on own initiative
- Team Player living the Virgin values
- Creative, Flexible and innovative
Other skills we’re looking for
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent (Desirable)
- Experience of managing a team (Desirable)
- Experience writing SQL/Netezza code (Essential)
- Evidence of working to deliver projects from start to finish (Essential)
- Experience of liaising, presenting to and influencing senior managers (Essential)
- Working knowledge of debt management and collections strategies (Desirable)
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!