Data Innovation Manager
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Data Innovation Manager
£55,000 to £65,000 per annum + 15% bonus and other excellent benefits
Hook, Hampshire – please note that we are moving to Green Park, Reading late 2019
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Data Innovation Manager as you will play a major role in delivering the data and insight agenda to extract maximum business value from the multiple datasets across multiple platforms in VM using various BI tools. You will work as part of a high-performing data intelligence team, which has the remit to ensure value is inherent in all of our work
Insight Hub is a new organisation recently formed through the merging of a number of data-led teams. The core purpose of the function is to transform current capabilities to drive competitive advantage through performing deep analytics in order to provide actionable insight
- Line manager for at least 3 FTEs whose roles are responsible for Data Research, Data Exploitation and Data Enrichment for the team
- Ownership of the roadmap for the data research strategy. This includes development of datasets to meet current and new business requirements, data discovery and data valuation of new data sources, use of analysis and statistical techniques to unearth data patterns
- Own ‘red hot’ analytical projects from end-to-end, including requirements gathering, scope definition and approach, data requirements specification, presentation and communication of findings and implementation
- Developing opportunities to drive value from new datasets or commercialising data into a standalone revenue stream
- Identify relevant technology and tool trends to ensure best in class capabilities and techniques are made available to drive competitive advantage
- Collaborate with the technology division and partnerships with third parties to ensure world class deliveries and portals are available to business users
- Help transform the data intelligence environment for Insight Hub Division through development of various analytical products
- Implement a data science mindset where the data importance or value is not constrained by end requirements
- Collaborate across the business to develop relationships with data partners to develop a holistic customer view
Knowledge, experience and skills
- 5+ years of delivering and designing data warehouses
- 3+ years providing analytical insights in a large organisation
- Expert in SQL with various examples of delivering major pieces of time bound analysis
- Capability in R or python and similar technologies
- Working knowledge of data science platforms and their implementation
- Experience is leading a team to deliver meaning commercial insight
- Excellent stakeholder management and consultative skills. Proven experience of delivering to senior audiences but equally able to adapt style when required
- Expert understanding of big data and business intelligence best practice, tools, and understanding of latest industry techniques
- Degree level or equivalent, with a preference to post graduate qualifications, within numerical subjects.
- Experience in Netezza and Hadoop or equivalent environments
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!