Commercial Manager, Packaging and Propositions
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Commercial Manager, Packaging and Propositions
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and up to 15% annual bonus
Our commercial function acts as the architect of our revenue growth in the consumer division through customer value propositioning, proposition development and design, base management, pricing, go-to-market activity and forecasting. The team works cross-functionally to lead process design which creates our portfolio of profit-maximising products and packages, leading to growth in operating cash flow increases our NPS and optimises ROI.
You’ll play a vital role in the creation of Virgin Media’s packaging and proposition with responsibility for delivering customer growth with commercial benefit. Work cross-functionally to define new propositions and bundles from initial concept through to delivery with a focus on Mobile led items
- Work closely with the Product strategy team and the wider Commercial team to help build a future roadmap of Mobile led propositions and deliver major repackaging or re-pricing activities. Optimise approach to create maximum aggregate value across existing customers and prospects
- Develop clear customer propositions that are integrated into bundles to allow trading & go to market teams to appropriately target prospects and existing customer base
- Source, interpret & deliver insight on mobile sector and consumer trends to assist in driving the development of proposition and pricing changes. Provide recommendations on actions as a result of current market dynamics and competitor activity.
- Provide input into the financial modelling and development of business cases to support proposed proposition changes, working closely with Finance and gaining input from relevant teams across VM.
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to develop a clear understanding of commercial targets, evolve propositions and take responsibility for developing and delivering new propositions and packaging. Identify risks and opportunities as they arise and take action as a result.
- Work closely across the Packaging and GTM teams to ensure all products are considered when repackaging on Mobile led initiatives and any updated proposition meets wider consumer needs.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across multiple divisions to support development and delivery of packaging and new propositions
- Provide support during proposition and bundle launch including involvement in the post implementation review to ensure a process for continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities to gain learnings from LG Central Teams and share learnings for specific propositions with other LG OpCo’s
Behaviours we look for
- Confident in presenting pricing plans and proposals through visual, verbal and written means, able to convey commercial information in a format easily understood at all levels.
- Experience within commercial area and/or background in analytical activity
- Experience in and knowledge of the mobile industry
- Results focused - track record of delivering projects on time, to budget and of the desired quality
- Demonstrable leadership qualities that reflect Virgin Media’s culture and promotes bravery, simplified solutions, optimism, zest, risk taking and connection across team, department and business
- Can influence stakeholders, both internal and external. Ability to negotiate with stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcome for the Business
- Able to create and maintain strong relationships, being empathetic, approachable, and fair in dealings with colleagues – demonstrates a strong team mentality and able to build and maintain open and honest communication at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen with an understanding of financial performance KPI’s i.e. NPV etc. Strong analytical skills, able to identify trends & market opportunities/challenges and drive business decisions against through this insight.
- Ability to lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters: delegating, constructively managing conflicting priorities under pressure, and maintaining a professional and positive manner to enable teams to deliver results
- Adept at stepping outside the status quo with bold and original ideas that create growth
- Ability to exercise judgment to make timely and sound decisions regarding highly complex and broad scope issues as they relate to both people and the business
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!