Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Salary: Up to £45,000 dependent on experience
Please be aware that our Hook site is being re-located to Reading during 2019.
Flexible / part time working would be considered.
Advert closing date: 03/09/2019
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking a Change Specialist to join our Core Networks and Operations function as we continue to expand our network across the UK. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
What is the job?
Fast, efficient and fit for the future. That’s our network. But it could equally describe our Network team. After all, they’re the ones who make it all happen. The fastest and most powerful cable network in the UK (that’s ours, by the way) benefits from over £2bn of investment. And our Network team are the ones who make the money go all the way to ‘wow’.
As a Change Specialist at Virgin Media you will act as a primary interface with other Operations and Service Management processes. You will deliver key service improvements to the Change Management process, whilst also ensuring issues, opportunities and risks which impact our processes, systems, information, and resources are managed effectively. As part of our Change Management team, you will have high levels of stakeholder engagement across all parts of the Virgin Media business and across all levels.
Our Change Management team processes a large volume of changes in a highly complex network and technology infrastructure which is as challenging as it is exciting. Ultimately, it’s all about making sure the network can deliver the fastest broadband speeds in the UK, while coping with an ever increasing demand for connectivity, therefore, there is a key focus on enabling successful and efficient implementation of changes to minimise any impact to our customers.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Manage Change Management’s Issues Opportunities and Risk (IOR) process - analyse, establish root cause, recommend solutions, and identify the correct owner of issues that affect the Change Management process, systems, resources and information. Document, register, monitor, and progress resolutions through the relevant process (e.g. risk, problem, known error, fault, service improvement, NPC). Exert influence and escalate when necessary to raise the issue’s profile.
- Manage Change Management’s internal Service Improvement process, acting as the interface to the Service Improvement (SI) team and process for major Change Management SI initiatives.
- Perform regular trend analysis on Change Management performance data.
- Support Change Analysts with completion and/or peer review of Failed Change Reviews where major incidents have been flagged as caused by change and changes coded for effective trend analysis. Capture and agree learnings or service improvement opportunities ensuring these are owned and actioned.
- Act as the interface to Change Delivery teams and the Operational Readiness team. Represent Change Management in major programmes and projects to deliver new services and improvements. Assess the impact of all programmes and projects on Change Management processes, systems, information, and resources.
Are you right for the role?
- Experience in a relevant IT/Telecoms/Broadband/Service Management role
- Demonstrable and successful track record of working within a Change Management team responsible for processing large change volumes across a complex infrastructure to challenging service levels and KPIs
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of change management purpose and methods using ITIL best practice and Remedy (Web) systems
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with other Service Management disciplines
- Experience of dealing with multi-priority deliverables with delivery workloads being maintained
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight timescales
- Foundation certificate in ITIL Service Management plus accreditation in any other ITIL disciplines an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to form strong business relationships with a large volume of stakeholders across multiple locations. Therefore, experience in multinational and multicultural environments would be a benefit.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!