Commercial Manager – Base Trading (Proactive Mobile, fixed-term contract)
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Commercial Manager – Base Trading, Proactive Mobile (fixed-term contract)
Please note this is a fixed-term contract until March 2020.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and up to 15% annual bonus
Our commercial function acts as the architect of our revenue growth in the consumer division through customer value propositioning, proposition development and design, base management, pricing, go-to-market activity and forecasting. The team works cross-functionally to lead process design which creates our portfolio of profit-maximising products and packages, leading to growth in operating cash flow increases our NPS and optimises ROI.
You’ll manage our key proactive mobile targets for the non FMC postpaid & PAYG customer bases through engaging with channels, taking action from analysis and developing new ways to drive customer demand working with the marketing teams. Responsible for achieving customer growth through cross sell into the cable base and handset upgrades to drive incremental revenue and OCF.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in all necessary activities relating to proactive mobile activity
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly churn, revenue and OCF performance tracking, identifying risks and opportunities and acting appropriately.
- Interact with Finance on a very regular basis to track performance, manage profitability of tariffs and to seek incremental investment as required.
- Create tactical offers and price changes to drive incremental demand when required. Ensure all activity is assured and approved by Finance Teams in order to enhance revenue and protect OCF.
- Work with other Base Trading Commercial Managers to ensure aligned trading strategy for across channels.
- Work collaboratively with the operational channels to understand what the current and upcoming opportunities and threats are and design commercial promotions, offers to maximise / minimise these
- Work collaboratively with the Acquisition team to optimise the return from our propositions across new and existing customers.
- Work extremely closely with Device and Portfolio teams to deliver an appealing and well-priced device range that will deliver budget targets.
- Support delivery of any mobile specific project deliveries e.g. 5G
Behaviours we look for
- Demonstrable leadership qualities that reflect Virgin Media’s culture and promotes bravery, simplified solutions, optimism, zest, risk taking and connection across team, department and business
- Empathetic, approachable, and fair in dealings with colleagues at all levels – demonstrates a strong team mentality and able to build and maintain open and honest communication at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business
- Ability to think on your feet and be ready to react to day to day trading pressures
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills confidently challenging and influencing opinions
- Comfortable operating numerical data sets as part of business casing
- Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo with bold and original ideas that create growth
- Ability to see beyond the task to the overall purpose and engage people around a strategy, creating an energising and rewarding environment to work in
- Ability to exercise judgement to make timely and sound decisions regarding highly complex and broad scope issues as they relate to both people and the business
- Ability to lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters: delegating, constructively managing conflicting priorities under pressure, and maintaining a professional and positive manner to enable teams to deliver results
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!