Desk Based Sales Engineer
Manchester -Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R -C0480
We are looking for a Desk Based Pre-Sales consultant to join our Virgin Media Business (VMB) team. Predominately responsible for supporting our desk based sales teams, covering Enterprise and Public Sector, you will pro-actively engage to help qualify opportunities and offer technical support on more complex opportunities.
You will play a critical role in ensuring that the customers’ requirements are met by developing technically valid and commercially sound solutions which ultimately enable their business to transform and aid their strategy.
So what are we looking for?
• Demonstrate sound, technical competency with the ability to articulate complex technical information to non-technical individuals
• Proven ability to build relationships across a wide range of business stakeholders and collaborative working
• Positive can-do attitude, target driven with the passion and energy to succeed
• Ability to analyse problems and find solutions/ fixes to ensure the delivery of the product within agreed timescales
• Experience of the communications industry, and knowledge of the key technologies is preferable.
• Act as a trusted technical advisor to support Sales in the qualification of opportunities and identification of unique VMB business value in existing and new logo acquisition accounts, delivering associated revenue streams into VMB.
• Develop technical solutions that address the business needs of VMB customers. Where opportunities develop to become non-standard, multi-product, multi-partner, work collaboratively with field Sales Engineering or Solutions Architects, whilst retaining overall responsibility for the opportunity.
• Interface directly with the Sales community and VMB customers. Working closely to develop compelling propositions and provide complete confidence in our technical capability. Ensure the customer’s view of VMB is one of a trusted technical advisor
• Support winning technical responses to customer bids and / or support proposal documentation demonstrating the VMB value proposition.
• Champion brilliant customer service, be conscious of and contribute to improving VMB’s NPS Score.
• Ensure that all customer opportunities are effectively qualified (agreed by management) prior to committing additional VMB or partner resources.
• Develop and document the solution design and associated costs, drawing on relevant resources from around the business where necessary to meet the customers’ requirements. Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and partners to gain full sign off from a technical and operational perspective. Retain ownership of technical documentation. Ensure the use of up to date processes and documentation
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and of course discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands! Come and be part of something special. Join us!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!