Digtal Production Manager
Birmingham -Eagle Court Coventry Road -C1700
Salary: Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
So, what’s it like working for one of the coolest brands in the UK?
Well, at Virgin Media we are one of the largest providers of telephone, television, internet and mobile services in the UK, we pride ourselves on delivering ultra-fast connections with our customers that really matter – weather that is streaming TV shows without the drama of buffering, Gaming on and on, or just get more done online, faster…we here to be ultra-fast and ultra-reliable in everything we do.
Naturally then, being part of the Digital team here at Virgin Media means that we’ve a fast-paced environment, where change, innovation and agility is ever present…
So if you love working agile? And you’re obsessed about customer experience and want to be part of a dynamic and talented team, where its boundaries are only its imagination? We’ve love to hear from you…because at Virgin Media Digital, our mission every day is creating experiences for our customers, that live up to the Virgin brand, some big shoes to fill – are you ready?
The role itself and what you’ll do?
The Digital Revenue Growth team is responsible for Cable and Mobile journey optimisation to drive site conversion across new customer and existing customer sales, to drive the growth of the digital sales channel. Its main purpose is to understand what makes customers tick when they’re in the market to buy something – and how to move customers through the conversion funnel as effectively and efficiently as possible. The team delivers props, trading & marketing activity and is also responsible for improving speed to market by cutting through price & catalogue complexity to think of new and innovative solutions. The team is also responsible for platform improvements across the buying journey (such as checkout functionality) as well as exploring the use of data and segmentation to drive conversion.
The Digital Production Manager will be responsible for building numerous AB tests as well as managing members of the creative team & ensuring that work progresses throughout the sprint. In addition, this role will drive the improvement of systems and functional developments that impact the production of features and content working closely with the Production Lead for all Virgin Media websites.
• Taking requirements from various teams within Virgin Media and working with Commercial, Online Sales, Marketing, Product and Brand teams to ensure best possible site content using CQ5 and Adobe Experience Manager;
• Turning requirements into detailed Digital briefs to be passed on to development teams and offshore teams as applicable or managing end to end;
• Working with UX to create best practice online user flows and page layouts;
• Working with Brand, Design and Digital Copy and external agencies to ensure excellent online copy and design;
• Working with development teams and Resource Manager to ensure quality and timely delivery;
• Publishing online updates and co-ordinating delivery of activities;
• Creating best practice web pages that drive site conversion and optimum customer journey;
• Contributing to fully optimising online activity to drive Digital sales;
• Ensuring that all copy and pages are continually tested and are of an extremely high quality and that they’re monitored and optimised to their full potential;
• Managing and maintaining existing content and overseeing the development of new content using Adobe Experience Manager;
• Working with the Resource Manager to manage and prioritise work stack deliverables and timelines;
• Contributing to and supporting the ongoing development of the website;
• Participating in user testing and ensuring components are fit for purpose before being released into Production;
• Providing the Production Lead with insights and requirements gathering for optimising and creating new components to improve speed to market;
• Line management of Digital Producers, Designers, UX and Copywriters as applicable.
Required key skills (functional / technical):
• Great communication skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders effectively.
• To be comfortable working on projects with cross-functional and virtual teams.
• The ability to think creatively and effectively in a high-pressure environment.
• People management and development, as line manager.
• To be able to manage and prioritise workload, multi-task and manage a mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems required
• Degree Preferred
• Strong Customer needs focus both internal and external
• BAU delivery experience a huge plus
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!