Cyber Security Specialist
Langley -DMC Heron Drive -T2430
Full time, permanent
Advert closing date: 05/09/2019
Please be aware that our Langley site is being re-located to Reading during 2019.
Flexible working would be considered.
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses.
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Security Operations Specialist to help monitor and protect our growing network and users.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
Why the Virgin security operations centre?
Love working as a Team? We share and grow as one! Experience and wisdom are vital for this role – if you’ve got it – we want you!
What will you be doing?
You will be honing your threat hunting abilities to monitor a large attack surface to identify suspicious traffic and lending technical expertise in establishing the extent of a cyber-attack, the business impacts, and advising on how best to contain the incident along with advice on systems hardening and mitigation measures to prevent a reoccurrence.
This will be achieved by;
- Assisting and developing investigations and responding to security incidents.
- Driving forward the technical skill set of the SOC by developing threat hunting, adversary emulation and leading edge threat mitigation methodologies.
- Being a Security Subject Matter Expert, and will lead, guide, and inspire the team of SOC Analysts with a view to develop these skills amongst the team whilst also acting as a technical escalation point. As such, the role requires a deep technical understanding of intrusion detection and analysis, incident response, vulnerability management, and infrastructure.
- analysing a wide range of log sources, data normalization and querying of data using analytical platforms.
- Work closely with other team members and various business units to identify or mitigate threats and support operational teams on security issues, ensuring risks are identified and treated.
- Engaging, educating, and working effectively with business and technology teams around technical Cyber Security topics
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- In depth knowledge of technical security systems, security architecture, security technology, and associated penetration testing and Security Event Management methodologies.
- Sandboxing technologies such as Cuckoo and Malware reverse engineering IE IDA Pro, ole debugger (both static and dynamic analysis required), and a good understanding of REMnux
- In depth knowledge of Cyber Security Methodologies including the Cyber Kill Chain, Mitre Att&ck Framework, NIST
- Knowledge of SIEM products (IE ArcSight, Nitro, Q-radar, Splunk)
- Ability to identify developing patterns and trends in data.
- Must have previously worked in a Cyber Security Incident Response role.
- Must have or be able to attain and maintain NPPV SC Clearance.
- Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC) e.g. Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) would be an advantage.
- Ideally educated to degree level or holding a professional qualification e.g. CISSP, OSCP.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!