Mobile Service Manager
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Service and Support
Function:Service and Support
Mobile Service Manager
Please be aware that our Hook Office is being re-located to Reading, Green Park during Q4 2019.
Salary: up to £65,000 dependent on experience + bonus
Closing Date: Friday 23rd August
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking a Mobile Service Manager to join our IT and Operations team supporting our Technology and Innovation function. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Our Technology and Innovation function really is the force behind Virgin Media. Without these super people we wouldn’t have the latest technology in place to constantly challenge our competitors and continue taking the UK market by storm.
Working in our Technology and Innovation function is very unique. We work collaboratively with Liberty Global in a PAN European Delivery Function, meaning our opportunities are now more exciting than ever! We are now proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
What is the job?
As a business that’s totally in love with cutting edge thinking and digital goodness, it’s no surprise that our IT & Operations teams have crucial roles to play. They underpin so much of what we do. That means everything from design and architecture, through to development, testing and delivery of the systems. From the biggest projects to essential daily maintenance, all kinds of people have important roles to play.
We are looking for a skilled Mobile Service Manager to be part of the Mobile Service Assurance and End 2 End Governance team within the Mobile Operations function, responsible for the Service Assurance of Mobile Services across Liberty Global’s mobile customer propositions, focusing on the UK Operations.
As the Mobile Service Manager, you will be responsible for managing and controlling the managed services partners’ deliverables from the service assurance perspective, controlling and optimizing spending, determining gaps and areas of improvements, consistently driving value from partners and suppliers, and eliminating and/or reducing risks while ensuring the highest support of the mobile business services. The primary focus of the role is to lead continual service and operational improvement.
This is regional role, operating a mobile centre of excellence model accountable for providing Mobile Service Assurance & Governance services across mobile footprint.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Responsible for the end-to-end coordination and support of the Managed Services portfolio that delivers the Liberty Global MVNO wireless services
• Develops service management strategies, identifying staff, tools and specialized support requirements as necessary to ensure that operational and support processes are working as expected to support the services offered
• Provides end to end Service Management services - plan, deliver, operate and control mobile services KPIs meet customer expectations
• Identify and directly manage or oversee improvements to process, service and the customer experience
• Liaison and SME responsible for all interface aspects of IT, Operations, Technology, Product and Vendor Management for operational requirements
• Responsible for direct vendor management of 3rd parties, in the designated portfolio, making sure they deliver to their contractual SLA’s and KPI’s
• Responsible for working with business owners to accurate document service descriptions, operating level agreements (OLA’s), service-level agreements (SLA’s), and relevant reviews of underpinning contracts to ensure delivery of services
• Participates in the selection of vendors and negotiating and maintaining operational and strategic relationships with multiple vendors
• Monitor and ensure appropriate and agreed business SLAs and KPIs are met and ensure the proper measuring and continuous improvement of services delivery, drives quality management
• Responsible for the operational excellence targets, transactional NPS, SLAs, KPIs through the gathering of necessary data, reports, and continuously driving improvement plans
• Engages across multiple functions, both business and technical, to ensure services consistently match parties under their portfolios customer needs and expectations
• Working collaboratively with the broader Operations and customer groups identify and delivery innovative continuous improvement solutions, enhancing the customer experiencing, driving efficiencies
• Monitors issues and complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
• Call and chair post mortem review meetings following Critical Incidents; issue a written Root Cause Analysis report to management; ensure actions are followed and completed in a timely manner
• Ensure that appropriate and effective communications are in place for all stakeholders
• Drive key performance metrics
• Development of operations performance reports and reporting based agreed requirements in a timely fashion
Are you right for the role?
• Experience in large carrier Telco or Cable provider with International presence across Europe
• Significant technical service delivery with proven track record in service management, technology implementation and end to end service improvements gained within a large commercial environment
• Deep understanding and experience of technologies, supporting tools, platforms and solutions
• Strong background in mobile technology with expertise in driving operational efficiencies and excellent understanding of key business process
• Experience of project management techniques including planning, resource allocation, prioritisation and escalation
• Strong management skills in a service oriented based environment, both vendor and 3rd parties
• Strong SLA and KPI monitoring capabilities and skill sets
• Thorough knowledge and certifications in eTOM/ITIL Service Management certificate and processes
• Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided as well as a strong customer experience focussed attitude
• Fluency in English both written and spoken and preferably 1 other European language
• Demonstrated strong influencing and persuading skills, encouraging colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
• Ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations from board level to front line agents
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!