PEGA Technical Engineer
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Full time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £55,000
Please be aware that our Hook site is being re-located to Reading during 2019.
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses. Virgin Media has identified PEGA as the to-be platform of choice for the Customer Service function to continue to deliver the high level of service the Virgin Media brand is known for.
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a PEGA Developer that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
• You will be working within our PEGA team to support our exciting upcoming PEGA projects, Responsible primarily for the support of the multiple PEGA developed Projects in the Agent Tools and AI team within Virgin Media UK and ensure availability of systems, which could require off-hour and weekend work.
• You will work on the PEGA projects assigned to you, ensuring the work is delivered in a timely manner and to the highest professional standard.
• Expected to support & monitor the environment, which hosts the PEGA platform, mainly WebLogic Servers on Red hat, with the corresponding Database and ensure minimal downtime of the different PEGA platforms and environments
• Proactive in responding to issues in a timely manner by receiving and investigating incidents or service tickets. Ensure Response, Resolution and release of incidents / service tickets in a timely manner, adhering to SLA, corresponding to the different projects.
• The team will be expected to manage the release of the changes to production, adhering to the Release Management process defined.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
• Significant hands on industry experience with PEGA and a Certification in PEGA development (PRPC 7.x or higher).
• Knowledge of PEGA Rules, Case Management, workflows, decsioning would be added advantage.
• A passion for PEGA!
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!