Business Information Security Consultant
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Please be aware that our Hook Office is being re-located to Reading, Green Park during Q4 2019.
We are looking for a Business Information Security Consultant to join our Virgin Media Business team to provide Information Security input for major bids, non-standard opportunities, and new product development for Virgin Media Business, encompassing both technical and non-technical controls. In addition to Improving Information Security across Virgin Media Business Division and support various compliances and audit activities.
• Delivering Security Consultancy to our customers to enable leveraging of VMB services and products into customer environments.
• Advising Sales, Pre-Sales, Design and Transition teams in the development of solutions that meet customer security requirements whilst ensuring our risk and liability is managed.
• Advising service delivery and project teams to ensure that complex or bespoke solutions are implemented in line with the customer’s security requirements.
• Providing advice and content to Legal and Supplier Management in contract and framework negotiations with Partners and Customers.
• Acting as a key bid team member, providing strategy and content input.
• Advising on-going Security requirements of our customers via. in-life security assessments and questionnaires.
• Supporting Product, Sales & Pre-Sales by assessing the security capability of our partners to ensure they are able to meet the requirements of our customers.
• Advising Product Management and New Product Development to assist in the development of existing and new products to ensure they meet the security requirements of the target market.
• Represent VMB at internal and external Information Security Forums.
So what are we looking for?
• An expert in Information Security with the ability to understand and present complex technical solutions, in industry standard formats to technical and non-technical audiences, drawing out commercial benefits and matching solutions to customer requirements.
• Strong commercial understanding, to interact with customers and Finance to ensure benefits of technical solutions for customers and profitability for Virgin Media are optimal.
• Understanding of all products and services offered by Virgin Media Businesses to ensure tight integration of solutions and information security requirements.
• Previous experience in Security Information roles. Information Security knowledge including ISO 27001, CAS(T) and Government Standards.
• Ideally CISSP certified or equivalent, CESG Cyber Security Consultant (ex. CLAS) certified.
• Must have or can obtain Security Clearance, at minimum to SC level.
• Flexibility to handle extensive UK travel and overnight stays.
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.”
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and of course discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands! Come and be part of something special. Join us!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!