Oracle ERP Financial, Supply Chain Functional Specialist
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job Title: Finance ERP Specialist
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
What is the job?
The Finance ERP Specialist will be an SME providing Oracle ERP applications, with main focus on Financial and Supply Chain Modules, with business process expertise to enable and deliver application changes and delivery of new functionality to meet business requirements.
You will participate in and contribute to main ERP Consolidation Project in the Financial and Supply Chain areas to integrate multiple operating companies into Multi-Org, Multi Currency instance and lead development and provide 1st line support activities for Oracle R12 (12.1.3) ERP related solutions across a range of application software services, conforming to Service Level and Support Agreements, Audit, Security and Compliance standards, and maximising customer satisfaction.
You will do this by doing the following:
- Key contributor to the design and implementation of Oracle ERP Consolidation Project technical code and configuration changes, functional design specifications and testing cycles, ensuring fit for purpose to business requirements.
- Takes ownership of support incidents (as required) across Oracle ERP applications and related solutions, and applies best practise support methodology, technical and business-process expertise, and customer service skills to resolve them, within SLA and delivering exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Key contributor to the design and implementation of Oracle ERP Development requests. Providing technical code and configuration changes, functional design specifications and testing cycles, ensuring fit for purpose to business requirements. Supporting the assessment of new code changes and processes relating to new services that are delivered into the production environment.
- Ensure key documentation standards and methodologies are followed.
- Contribute to Oracle ERP and related applications strategy.
- Develop mutually effective relationships in day-to-day interactions with internal stakeholders, customers and external 3rd parties, in order to align activity to the needs and priorities of the business and to ensure continuous improvement of the service provided.
- Manage customer and stakeholder communications with key contacts in specialist area, managing expectations, identifying improvement areas and ensuring continued customer satisfaction by frequent and regular face-to-face engagement. Demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement, energy and collaboration across department.
- Ensure strong communication processes (written and verbal) are established, concentrating particularly on operational performance and success. Deliver the necessary co-ordination and documentation in line with governance processes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards e.g. ITIL, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO27k, COBIT, Security and internal and external auditing authorities. Take timely action to remediate deficiencies and address key risk areas
Are you right for the role?
To be right for this role you will meet the following criteria to a large extent:
- Significant experience within Oracle ERP specialist functional areas of Core Financials (AP, GL, AR, FA, IExp), Sub-Ledger Accounting.
- Experience on ERP Implementation Projects in Multi-Org, Multi Currency Instances, Design, Functional Configuration, SIT, UAT Cycles, training and Post Go-Live support.
- Strong Financial / Accounting knowledge and understanding of Accounting Standards and principles. Possibly supported by an Accounting qualification.
- Exposure or Knowledge of SOX (Sarbannes Oxley) and its importance to Financial compliance, have worked in environment where SOX was in place.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong problem analysis skills with the ability to think creatively about possible problem solutions.
- Strong Communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently and escalate issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a project/team environment.
- Demonstrate good judgement and ability to work in customer orientated environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a customer orientated environment.
- Ability to demonstrate both functional and technical aptitude.
What we’ll provide for you:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in to the latest technologies and create leading products, services and support systems to us integrate with Liberty Global and continue both companies success.
As well as this as a package we are offering:
Salary: Up to £55,000 (depending on experience).
Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday: 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
Other: Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental, ability to buy/sell holiday and many more discounts across the Virgin Group.
What to do now?
If this sounds like a great next step in your career then click apply to send through your profile.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!