Cyber Security Operations Analyst
Langley -DMC Heron Drive -T2430
Job Title: SOC Analyst
Location: Langley, Slough
What is the job?
The Security Operations Centre Analyst will work in the Global Security Operations team who are responsible for monitoring security and managing security incidents across the Liberty Global group. The GSOC function operates on a shift system operating between 7am to 7pm Monday-Friday with an on-call function. The GSOC Supports the Liberty Global operations across Europe by minimising risk exposure, and handling security incidents.
As a SOC Analyst you will protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all assets and systems through monitoring, analysis and detection activities derived from security log feeds, security systems and reports.
Are you right for the role?
As mentioned above, we don’t just want someone with technical skills, but someone who is keen to develop and really get involved in the Security of a pan-wide Telecoms operation. With this in mind some specific experience is required:
- Experience in security incident response including assessment of security events, providing advanced technical guidance and leading incidents.
- Experience of working within a Security Operations Centre
- Experience in SIEM operation and configuration (IE Splunk, Q-radar, McAfee )
- Experience with Splunk reporting and analysis.
- In depth knowledge of advanced security analysis including the cyber kill chain, malware analysis, memory and file system analysis, and attack vectors.
- In depth understanding of IT systems and technologies (e.g. Linux and Windows operating systems, TCP/IP Networking, E-Mail).
Having some of the following would be beneficial:
- Ideally educated to degree level or holding a professional qualification e.g. CISSP, CISA.
- Experience of other security defences such as Firewalls, Snort, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) monitoring and custom rule creation, Endpoint Protection, Netflow analysis.
- Experience of general IT Audit processes and conducting risk assessments.
- Experience of security operations activities to support PCI:DSS / SOX and internal and external audits against ISO 27001/27002 relating to security operations.
- Experience of configuring and working with SIEM systems / other security toolsets, and freeform investigations in these systems.
- Knowledge of Web Applications.
- Knowledge of Data Protection and its role within a business.
- Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC) e.g. Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) would be an advantage.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to currently hold, or be able to obtain, NPPV SC Clearance.
What we’ll provide for you:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in to the latest technologies and create leading products, services and support systems to us integrate with Liberty Global and continue both companies success.
As well as this as a package we are offering:
A Competitive salary
Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday: 33 days holiday (25 days holiday plus bank holidays in lieu) and your birthday off!
Other: Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental, ability to buy/sell holiday and many more discounts across the Virgin Group.
What to do now?
If this sound like a great next step in your career then click apply to send through your profile to the recruitment team.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!