Senior Data Innovation Analyst
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Senior Data Innovation Analyst
Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum + other excellent benefits
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Senior Innovation Analyst as you will play a major role in delivering the data and insight agenda to extract maximum business value from the multiple datasets across multiple platforms in VM using various BI tools. You will work as part of a high-performing data intelligence team, which has the remit to ensure value is inherent in all of our work
Insight Hub is a new organisation recently formed through the merging of a number of data-led teams. The core purpose of the function is to transform current capabilities to drive competitive advantage through performing deep analytics in order to provide actionable insight:
• Deliver on all aspects of ‘red hot’ analytical projects, including data requirements gathering, in depth analysis, presentation and communication of findings and implementation into production environments
• Realise opportunities to drive value from new datasets or commercialising data into a standalone revenue stream
• Identify relevant technology and tool trends to ensure best in class capabilities and techniques are made available to drive competitive advantage
• Build SME knowledge of the available data across a range of business areas and become a focal point for business questions
• Engage across the business in an Agile way to deliver impactful analysis and develop strong and lasting relationships
• Aid the development of data driven decision making, shaping the improvement of customer focussed tools to ensure a joined up contact approach
• Help transform the data intelligence environment within the Insight Hub Division through rapid development and deployment of various analytical products
• Collaborate across the business to develop strong stakeholder relationships, with a view to build a full view of our customer focussed activities and identify new areas in which data driven approaches can add value
• Adopt an innovative mind-set where the data importance or value is not constrained by end requirements
• Provide buddy support to incoming graduate and apprentice, being a point of contact for technical and pastoral queries
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• 2+ years providing analytical insights in a large organisation
• Strong SQL skills with various examples of delivering major pieces of time bound analysis
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills. Proven experience of working across teams and adapting to a variety of audiences
• Ability to tell a story with data and to concisely report insight in the most appropriate method
• Strong understanding of big data and business intelligence best practice, tools, and understanding of latest industry techniques
• Capability in R or python and similar technologies desired
• Degree level or equivalent within numerical subjects.
• Experience in Netezza and Hadoop or equivalent environments
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!